Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #46
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I'm using Hunspell for spell check and this is a short coming of the dictionary ghostyjack is using. Basically he's using one without unicode support. The fix is to use a different dictionary that knows that a curly quote is the same as a straight quote.
Quote:
You can use any Hunspell dictionary. OpenOffice has a large selection. FYI, an .oxt is just a zip archive with the dictionary files inside of it. You just need the .aff and .dic files. Open Sigil's preferences, go to spelling and click the button on the button to open the user dictionary location. Put the .aff and .dic files there then restart Sigil for them to be available for use.
Finally figured out this issue.

The dictionary I was using is unicode compatible, but to make the spellchecker recognise the curly quotes, em-dashes, etc, you also need the GB English hyphen .dic file. For some reason it wasn't in the file I downloaded so I went to the LibreOffice site and downloaded their latest English language .oxt file and extracted the following files: en_GB.aff, en_GB.dic and hyph_en_GB.dic.

After installing all three of them into Sigil's dictionary folder, they now seem to be working correctly.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #47
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Due to a hardware problem I just re installed my Linux 64 box and just in time for the 'fun' of getting all my stuff back as I want it I saw there was a new version of Sigil.

Download and install seemed to go as expected, Sigil folder in /opt and a menu entry to start it, but that does nothing. So try CLI so I can get some feedback, initial error message is sigil: command not found. Running ./sigil.sh from within /opt/sigil folder produces error /opt/sigil/./sigil: error while loading shared libraries: libaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I have obviously not got a required library, but where do I get it from? Searching repositories does not help and searching online sends me to a very iffy site for downloading babylon translation software, I certainly do not want that.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #48
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Finally figured out this issue.

The dictionary I was using is unicode compatible, but to make the spellchecker recognise the curly quotes, em-dashes, etc, you also need the GB English hyphen .dic file. For some reason it wasn't in the file I downloaded so I went to the LibreOffice site and downloaded their latest English language .oxt file and extracted the following files: en_GB.aff, en_GB.dic and hyph_en_GB.dic.

After installing all three of them into Sigil's dictionary folder, they now seem to be working correctly.
Thanks for the update - I'll add it to the newly updated FAQ.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #49
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
Due to a hardware problem I just re installed my Linux 64 box and just in time for the 'fun' of getting all my stuff back as I want it I saw there was a new version of Sigil.

Download and install seemed to go as expected, Sigil folder in /opt and a menu entry to start it, but that does nothing. So try CLI so I can get some feedback, initial error message is sigil: command not found. Running ./sigil.sh from within /opt/sigil folder produces error /opt/sigil/./sigil: error while loading shared libraries: libaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I have obviously not got a required library, but where do I get it from? Searching repositories does not help and searching online sends me to a very iffy site for downloading babylon translation software, I certainly do not want that.
There is an issue about this - you need to install the nas-libs package. No idea why it needs it either...
Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #50
mtrahan
Colonel Mustard
mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPhone 6, Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
You need to make sure that your cursor is at the start of the file (i.e earlier than the match), for some or other reason it was decided that it should take cursor placement into consideration for the 'all' operations, I don't quite get it myself.
Thanks a lot for the info. I don't really understand why a global find/replace acts like that, but knowing this will surely help me do the job correctly. I was getting quite confused and didn't think about the cursor placement.
mtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #51
meme
Sigil developer

If you go to code view and do a replace all then cursor placement is not considered - it replaces from the top to bottom, and across all files. If you don't think this is the case, try a small test ( and if it doesn't work in your test please post details! )

Its possible that your replacement modifed some text that still matches after the replacement - replacement only goes through the document once.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #52
mtrahan
Colonel Mustard
mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPhone 6, Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad 2
Well, as I was trying to explain here, sometimes replace all doesn't find occurences of said string on the open file, I mean the file open when I launch fhe global find/replace. I see it. I re-launch the find/replace and it doesn't find anything, even if I can see the string with my eyes. But when I switch and open another file (in the same ePub I mean), I repeat the exact same find/replace and it finds the occurences it didn't find a second ago.

I don't know how to replicate this, I will try to note what I did exactly next time it happens, but it doesn't seem like a very stable problem. And I seem to be the only one with the problem, so I'm more than willing to admit that I'm doing something wrong but I just can't see what.

But first, I will try anyway, as Serpentine suggested, to always put the cursor at the start of the file and see if the problem still occurs.
mtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #53
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
There is an issue about this - you need to install the nas-libs package. No idea why it needs it either...
The bundled libQtGui.so.4 is linked against libaudio.so.2:
Code:
ldd libQtGui.so.4 | grep audio
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `./libQtGui.so.4'
        libaudio.so.2 => /usr/lib/libaudio.so.2 (0x00dee000)
FWIW, the system libQtGui.so.4 on my box isn't linked against libaudio.so; IINM nas is an optional build-dep of Qt.
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #54
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
A suggestion for the Find/Replace - any chance the tab order could be changed, so that when you hit tab from the Find box you are taken to the Replace box? That is the "convention" in every other Find/Replace dialog I can think of (and previous Sigil), hitting tab 3 times to get through buttons is ummm... undesirable
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #55
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just had a Sigil crash. Opened an ePub, opened a page in code view, selected some text to do a Find/Replace, typed my replace expression, clicked All and it said replaced 17 occurrences. Opened a different page in code view to find to my surprise that Replace All didn't actually Replace All, and had left an occurrence (so that is one bug).

Thinking to try to replicate it, I chose File->epub name to discard my previous changes. Without opening any pages (just the default titlepage open) clicked on "All" and this time it said it replaced 18 occurrences. Hmmm.

So wondering if something about my selection/sequences of page open makes a difference, I again chose File->epub name. However as soon as I clicked on Discard, Sigil died with the "Sigil has stopped working". This is Sigil 64-bit on Win 7.

Haven't been able to replicate either problem since in several attempts - looks like intermittent hard to reproduce issues are with us for a while longer sadly...
Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #56
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Did you make sure that your cursor was positioned at the start of the code view - matches are now dependent on the location of it... and I still have no idea why you'd want that for doing any 'all' type thing. That and the result numbers being hidden after a while... for some unknown reason.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #57
kiwidude

@Serpentine - not explicitly that I can recall - I think I opened the file, switched to code view, selected the text, hit Ctrl+F, replaces the spaces with \s+ (it was multiline expression), hit Tab, found I wasn't on Replace so came on here to whine about that , flicked back to Sigil, put the replace expression I wanted (of blank), and clicked All (and it "didn't"). Yet repeating those same steps since then it is working, so there must have been some other random click I now can't remember...
Old 01-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #58
kiwidude

Hmmm... is there a keyboard shortcut for Replace All - I can't see one...? I used to be able to hit Alt+A on the old dialog, now it seems you are forced to use multiple tabs or the mouse?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #59
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Quote:
wtf is nas-libs I have tried installing libsdl1.2debian-nas and get the same error message, libsdl1.2debian-all is even worse as it does not even give an error message. Why Sigil should need any audio library beats me.

Internet search shows no such deb package as nas-libs. Only links to download other unwanted crap.

Why can Sigil not produce a proper installer (deb and rpm) that resolves dependencies?
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #60
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thanks for the update - I'll add it to the newly updated FAQ.
That's a good idea, it certainly caught me out. I knew it had to be something simple.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote