Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
snossages1
snossages1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre can't email-connection issue

Any idea why I'm having problems sending a newspaper download to my Kindle?
Here is the connection failed message:

calibre, version 0.8.30
ERROR: Failed to email book: <b>Failed</b>: Email The Sydney Morning Herald - Printed edition [Fri, 16 Dec 2011] to myemailaddress@kindle.com

Starting job: Email The Sydney Morning Herald - Printed edition [Fri, 16 Dec 2011] to myemailaddress@kindle.com

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 112, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 93, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 85, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: error(61, 'Connection refused')

Retrying in 1 seconds...

Sending failed...

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 112, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 93, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 85, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: error(60, 'Operation timed out')

Job: "Email The Sydney Morning Herald - Printed edition [Fri, 16 Dec 2011] to myemailaddress@kindle.com" failed with error:
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 92, in __call__
IOError: Failed to send mail: error(60, 'Operation timed out')

Called with args: (u'/var/folders/rs/b3c8wqn937xbh801d6y_tq140000gn/T/calibre_0.8.30_tmp_5tBi6L/1EV9Y3caltmpfmt.mobi', u'The Sydney Morning Herald - Printed edition [Fri, 16 Dec 2011] - calibre.mobi', u'alexkindle_68@kindle.com', u'E-book: The Sydney Morning Herald - Printed edition [Fri, 16 Dec 2011]', u'Attached, you will find the e-book\n\nThe Sydney Morning Herald - Printed edition [Fri, 16 Dec 2011]\n\tby calibre\n\nin the MOBI format.') {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x113d2fb48>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x1131f00d0>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x113d70190>}

Thanks guys.
snossages1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ails-using-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Me too

Hi,

I think I have a similar problem. I tried to email a mobi file to my kindle and it failed immediately. The test email also fails. However, if I send the same ebook as an attachment directly from my email account (an earthlink account) to my kindle, that works. I used to use Calibre to email books to my kindle, so this is a new development -- maybe 6 months old? Not exactly sure because I don't do this very often.

Thanks for any help!

k4k

Last edited by krazy4katz; 12-23-2011 at 11:35 PM.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Motomaggot
I'll always be a newb
Motomaggot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have the same error and have check the firewall and the virus program to no avail.

Matthew
Motomaggot is offline   Reply With Quote