Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #1381
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
  1. What icons?
  2. No.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:23 AM   #1382
ctlaltdefeat
ctlaltdefeat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Glorfindel: Err, which bars?
Do you have perhaps have any thoughts about my predicament above, NiLuJe?
ctlaltdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #1383
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctlaltdefeat View Post
Do you have perhaps have any thoughts about my predicament above, NiLuJe?
Lots and they have been posted.

Currently, your S.O.L. -
At least without using a serial port connection.
But that may change someday.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #1384
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Then no, not without basically rewriting the UI.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #1385
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I'll have to post a screenshot.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #1386
ctlaltdefeat
ctlaltdefeat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Lots and they have been posted.

Currently, your S.O.L. -
At least without using a serial port connection.
But that may change someday.
I see
I guess what I'm waiting for is a way to downgrade from 5.6.1, right?
Thanks anyway
ctlaltdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #1387
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-33922.gif
Views:	425
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	132486  
Old 12-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #1388
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even more so on KDK-1: Nooope. Not touching the UI with a ten-foot pole, ixtab already went to a lot of hassle to get it to look bearable.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #1389
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

It changed to showing icons all on its own once, but I couldn't figure out how it happened. I was hoping it could be changed via key combonation, but couldn't figure it out. So I was wondering if it was an option I missed somewhere.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #1390
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Elves with lightsabers, huh? Interesting mix.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #1391
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Yep
Old 12-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #1392
NiLuJe
BLAM!

You can change the number of buttons per page, which might end up squishing stuff up in an unreadable icon-like squareish thing if you go over the top .

Check the KUAL.cfg file in the extensions folder for more details .
Old 12-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #1393
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

ok, thanks
Old 01-08-2015, 03:00 AM   #1394
renew
La force tranquille
renew began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Hi there!
I discovered this forum yesterday while looking for a way to conveniently organize collections through Calibre. I'm not familiar yet with most of the jargon, but I'm doing my best.

Someone had the exact same problem some pages before me, so I'll just say "thanks"

Last edited by renew; 01-08-2015 at 03:03 AM.
renew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #1395
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I have installed KUAL on my replacement K3W but am having problems installing launchpad for some reason. The main reason I install launchpad is to use mplayer and myts, which require launchpad. Has anyone interfaced KUAL with these packages? Are there KUAL interfaced alternatives to these packages?

Dave

Last edited by dhdurgee; 02-03-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: fix spelling
dhdurgee is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified