Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Ambermonk
Enthusiast
Ambermonk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Fire HD6, Fire HD8
Can Kindle Subscriptions Be Imported To Calibre?

I just started receiving a magazine subscription to my Kindle and was surprised to discover that I could not import it into Calibre. I have previously purchased back issues of this magazine and they show up as books and can easily be imported.

Is there a way to import a magazine (Asimov's) into Calibré or, if not, is it possible that this function might appear in the future as a new feature?
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WHat do you mean by, you could not import it?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply Kovid.

When attempting to "Add Books" into Calibré there was no way that I could access a subscription item in my Kindle. "Subscriptions" don't seem to be visible from outside of the Kindle (i.e., no subscription folder).

Hopefully I am merely missing something obvious.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, that's a Kindle issue, you're better off posting in the Kindle forums, somebody that uses a Kindle may be able to help you with it.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion, Kovid, I'll give it a try.

I'm still hoping that someday Calibré will be able to this.
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre can only do it if the Kindle actually exposes those files to the computer when it connects, if it doesn't, there's really not much I can do about it, I'm afraid.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
ebartley
ebartley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If you have a Kindle 1, you could try moving the items to the SD card; once out of the Kindle, the items will be exposed. Obviously this won't work with newer models of Kindle.
ebartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

No, I am using a Kindle2.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebartley View Post
If you have a Kindle 1, you could try moving the items to the SD card; once out of the Kindle, the items will be exposed. Obviously this won't work with newer models of Kindle.
Was the SD card removed from newer versions? I was thinking of getting a Kindle. What kind of progress is that?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

There is no memory card in the K2.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #11
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
@Ambermonk Just thinking out loud, have u tried re-downloading to ur PC from the site? may be from kindle for PC software... even so it will probably be DRMed and thus not usable outside the kindle
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #12
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

Interesting idea rollercoaster. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to redownload subscriptions. This would be a concern. There is an option to download to the PC, but I'm not really interested in this.

I wonder what will happen to my collection of Asimov's Science Fiction when it comes time to buy a future Kindle.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermonk View Post
I wonder what will happen to my collection of Asimov's Science Fiction when it comes time to buy a future Kindle.
"Issues are only available for download to one Kindle unless you purchase more than one current issue or subscription." - How Subscriptions Work popup on each subscription page.

I think you're stuffed, to be honest.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
Ambermonk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
I think you're stuffed, to be honest.
Unfortunately, I agree with you.