Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
StuBFrost
StuBFrost began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Send New Books To Device

Hi

I am using Calibre but can't find out how to send newly added books to my device. I know I can select them but if I add lots of books in one go, how can I just send those books ?

Thanks

Stu
StuBFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can select lots og books in one go by pressing the shift key when clicking on the the first and lst book in the set
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
If you want to keep track of which ones you've loaded on your device and which you haven't, just apply a tag named something like [loaded] to the books in your library once you've transferred them, and then when you've added new books to your library, you simply have to select those that don't have a [loaded] tag, and those are the ones you need to transfer.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Version 0.7 tries hard to tell you which books in your library are also on your device. When you plug in the device, a column titled 'On Device' appears. Calibre puts a check in this column on each book that it could determine is in the library. The other way is also true; there is a column in the device (or card) view that indicates whether a given book is also in the library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Version 0.7 tries hard to tell you which books in your library are also on your device. When you plug in the device, a column titled 'On Device' appears. Calibre puts a check in this column on each book that it could determine is in the library. The other way is also true; there is a column in the device (or card) view that indicates whether a given book is also in the library.
I don't recall seeing this will have to check when I'm at home. I'm not sure if this column is a default.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I don't recall seeing this will have to check when I'm at home. I'm not sure if this column is a default.
The column appeared in 0.6.92, as the right-most column. As of 0.6.94 (I think) it moved to column 1 and hides itself if no device is connected. It stays hidden if it is turned off in preferences.

It could be the case that if someone ran 6.92 or 6.93, the column would remain at the far right even when the later beta releases are installed. It would be easy not to notice it out there. I remember dragging the column to the far left at some point.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
The column appeared in 0.6.92, as the right-most column. As of 0.6.94 (I think) it moved to column 1 and hides itself if no device is connected. It stays hidden if it is turned off in preferences.

It could be the case that if someone ran 6.92 or 6.93, the column would remain at the far right even when the later beta releases are installed. It would be easy not to notice it out there. I remember dragging the column to the far left at some point.
I'll see if I can find it next time I plug in my device.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
StuBFrost
StuBFrost began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:

I don't remember seeing this but this would be exactly what I need as I presume I could just sort by the column and then send those books to the device.
StuBFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBFrost View Post
I don't remember seeing this but this would be exactly what I need as I presume I could just sort by the column and then send those books to the device.
Unless you are running a beta version (0.6.92 and higher), you wouldn't have seen it.

To find the list of books not on the device, you can sort and select the lines with blank ondevice Alternatively, and more general, you can search for ondevice:xxx. The latter permits you to combine the query with other queries, such as 'tag:coolbook and date:>= 2010 and ondevice:false' to get books you marked as cool, added this year, and not currently on the reader or any of its cards.

NB: searching the ondevice column appears in 0.7.0, which should be released soon. Sorting appeared in 0.6.94.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Unless you are running a beta version (0.6.92 and higher), you wouldn't have seen it.

To find the list of books not on the device, you can sort and select the lines with blank ondevice Alternatively, and more general, you can search for ondevice:xxx. The latter permits you to combine the query with other queries, such as 'tag:coolbook and date:>= 2010 and ondevice:false' to get books you marked as cool, added this year, and not currently on the reader or any of its cards.

NB: searching the ondevice column appears in 0.7.0, which should be released soon. Sorting appeared in 0.6.94.
Does the Query interface have "Today" (date) concept, where our query could be timestamp:>=(today-90) so we could have a saved definition of "Recent" without having to worry about the date (Sort of what happens in the "Catalog")
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Does the Query interface have "Today" (date) concept, where our query could be timestamp:>=(today-90) so we could have a saved definition of "Recent" without having to worry about the date (Sort of what happens in the "Catalog")
Date queries support all relational operators (< <= = != > >=). Search syntax is date:RELOPdate_term. A date_term specifies the date being compared against, and can be one of:
  • today
  • yesterday
  • thismonth
  • Ndaysago. N is a number. Your example would use 90daysago
  • a year (4 digits)
  • month/year (and year/month) where month is 1 or 2 digits
  • day/month/year (order is locale dependent), where day and month are 1 or 2 digits.
Your query would be expressed as date:>=90daysago
Old 06-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Date queries support all relational operators (< <= = != > >=). Search syntax is date:RELOPdate_term. A date_term specifies the date being compared against, and can be one of:
  • today
  • yesterday
  • thismonth
  • Ndaysago. N is a number. Your example would use 90daysago
  • a year (4 digits)
  • month/year (and year/month) where month is 1 or 2 digits
  • day/month/year (order is locale dependent), where day and month are 1 or 2 digits.
Your query would be expressed as date:>=90daysago
YES!
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote