Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I think we all need to calm down a bit...

The tone of this forum is getting pretty nasty lately.

And when you boil it down, it's pretty damn pathetic to get into heated arguments, personal attacks etc. over a silly tech gadget. And I myself have been a bit guilty of that today, so I include myself in that pathetic label!

It would be great if we could all take a few deep breaths, realize how silly it is to bicker over this stuff and move on to discussing stuff like mature adults.

Add our two cents to contribute to a thread, and just ignore stuff that annoys us.

There's no reason for some of the iPad fans to be hyper defensive of any criticisms. Simply respect people with different opinions, offer a counter opinion by all means--but don't do it in a way that attacks or belittles the person you disagree with.

For those of us who are interested in tablets--including the iPad, but put off by the various shortcomings lets also be sure not to attack the fans. And to keep our commentary to threads discussing the pros and cons of the device, and not be redundant and posting them all over the place. Keep them in general threads about the pros and cons, or to threads about specific drawbacks like Flash etc.

We're all adults here as far as I know, so there's no excuse for the bickering and hostility over a silly tech gadget.

And if all else fails make use of the ignore user feature if you can't avoid arguing and insulting certain people. And maybe some folk on both sides need to move on. The outright Apple haters have no need to be here really (and most have moved on), but at the same time if some of the fans can't accept criticism and have to always respond harshly they may be better served on an iPad/Apple dedicated forum rather than Mobileread.

In any case the bickering needs to stop and the tone needs to improve so this subforum can be a good resource for people to come and learn about the iPad. As it is now it's really just a battle ground for a handful of people on each side to argue over it--and that's going to scare off people who just want to come and ask questions about the pros and cons of the device.

So lets all take minute to calm down, relax and move forward discussing the iPad respectfully!
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Grrr!!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!!

jk
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
I agree! The bashing is getting ridiculous.

If I were a newbie looking for information on the iPad and started reading some of the garbage posted in the last couple weeks in this forum, I'd delete mobileread from my browser and never come back. The actions of a few here are really turning me off to mobileread .
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Exactly. And it's not just this forum area, posts on Mobileread are just getting hostile in general lately. The mods really need to step it up. Occasionally there's a post closed for attacks, a warning posted etc. but it's not going to get better with out suspensions and bannings for repeat offenses.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote