Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That means that there may be, at some point.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:25 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I take it that means there will be? Hopefully not Cafe Press type stuff.
Hi, do you know better alternatives?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #18
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
http://www.squidoo.com/cafepress_alternative
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
For print on demand type deals, I'm not sure if any of the stuff igorsk linked to is better or not. I just know that the quality of stuff that Cafe Press produces isn't very good. Nothing like an actual screen printed shirt.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If anyone wants to see how the new winning logo look in eink or the EB1150 have a look at the following eBook Starfish by Peter Watts.

LRF - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20950
Mobi - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20951
EB1150 - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20952
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I got a custom t-shirt made some years ago from tshirts.com that has held up very well, it's got about an 8X10 (inches) graphic on it.

'Course, they only do t-shirts.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #22
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
You can buy 'transfer paper' that you use in an inkjet printer and apply with a hot iron on a white tshirt. Remember to mirror image your graphic before printing.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What about iron on transfers for a color laser printer? Do such exist?
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #24
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What about iron on transfers for a color laser printer? Do such exist?
If we can get a nice, clear image, we can print them to iron-on transfer blanks (I've seen them at craft stores and office supply houses), and then iron the logo on anything we wish.

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/trans..._transfers.htm
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #25
modermo
modermo began at the beginning.

Device: I wish I had a cybook. I wish.
This contest, simply put, was rigged. I really dont want to have to say it, but it was.

I know some people out there are probably going to call me a poor looser so I am going to honestly speak my mind. The logo that won was very creative, visually intriguing and well deserved. The tagline hit the nail on the head, and the two combined, will forge an effective, attractive face to mobileread.

But one cannot deny that the contest was so poorly held. Fake members, who ironically joined at the last minute, voted for themselves, and put all other entires who were fair and square about this contest, at an unfair disadvantage. The contestants didn't get to choose which ones of their logos they wanted to display (if they had multiple entires), and if they were displayed at all, they were converted to black and white. This makes no sense, because the color logo would be the logo everyone sees on the header. Further, many entries were made smaller, giving other contestants a visual advantage.

I dont care what anyone says about me or this post, but I know that many will agree with me when I say that it was simply unfair that other contestants influenced the course of the contest.

To those who didnt sign up fake members, or family and friends, congratulations on your entry. There were many high quality, creative entries.
modermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

We did take into account people joining just to vote and the winner was picked very fairly.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
If we can get a nice, clear image, we can print them to iron-on transfer blanks (I've seen them at craft stores and office supply houses), and then iron the logo on anything we wish.

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/trans..._transfers.htm
While the link you gave did work, the problem is the link after that about the laser transfers did not work. And all the other laser transfer links were either to some printer or some special toner.

What I am looking for is iron on transfer paper that will work with any color laser printer without any special toner or gizmo.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #28
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
We did take into account people joining just to vote and the winner was picked very fairly.
Unfortunately, I belive it

Why unfortunately? Because I hate tagline....
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #29
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
While the link you gave did work, the problem is the link after that about the laser transfers did not work. And all the other laser transfer links were either to some printer or some special toner.

What I am looking for is iron on transfer paper that will work with any color laser printer without any special toner or gizmo.
Like this?

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...54&dcaid=17902
Old 02-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #30
ProfJulie
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by modermo View Post
To those who didnt sign up fake members, or family and friends, congratulations on your entry. There were many high quality, creative entries.
If it's any small consolation to you....I voted for your design! I reviewed all the designs as they were presented and when I was ready to vote I voted for yours because I thought it was very cute.

I'm sorry your design did not win. I'm a moderator at a different forum that has contests like this one and it is challenging to pick a winner when you are evaluating creative work product. I'm sure there were folks who tried to rig the voting, but I am also sure that the webmaster and the moderators filtered out most of those votes and made their best effort to pick the forum members' choice.

Tags
contest, logo, mobileread