Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
MobileRead Logo and Tagline contests winners!

A big round of applause to renderstudio, who won our grand prize, the Amazon Kindle, for his adorable Wheelie-bot logo. The logo will appear on MobileRead after undergoing a small revision. As well, congratulations to Lexicon, whose Read more, carry less won the first prize, $50 in cash, for the catchiest tagline.

In addition, we have picked the runners-up for both contests in no particular order:
  • aapezzuto, for his logo submission
  • Barry_Tikkanen, for his logo submission
  • nekokami, for her A Library in your Hand tagline
  • aapezzuto (again!), for his Because libraries are heavy tagline

Every runner-up will receive a MobileRead t-shirt with the new logo.

We will be in touch with all of the above to arrange your prizes and (Paypal) addresses.

Thanks to all those who entered and voted.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
aha ! i was wondering when we would have some news. nice choices ! i can't wait to see them in place.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I really enjoyed all the entries. I really thought they were all pretty well done. And congratulations to the winners!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I really enjoyed all the entries. I really thought they were all pretty well done. And congratulations to the winners!
me too, i'm glad i didn't have to choose which only one to keep...

and yes, of course, congratulations to the winners ! very nice work.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
micampe
micampe began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N810
Brand new reader here, this my first post on MR.
Lovely logo and great service here.

michele
micampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Congratulations to all winners!
The new logo looks better than the older one. This is not the normal case.
Xerox ... [a long list in my mind].
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Cool, I dig the logo and new catch-phrase too! It's good to see you had so many people submitting entries; the "because libraries are heavy" still give me a chuckle!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
I really like the new logo and the new taglines : well done everyone !!
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
watcha
Not so junior!
watcha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
hmmm... sorry for the dissent, but to me it looks like a 1960s comic book image. Still, maybe retro is the way to go.
watcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcha View Post
Still, maybe retro is the way to go.
Definitely a good name for the little guy: Retro.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
There were many worthy candidates, but I am pleased with the final choices. Very nice!
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #12
spirits
Connoisseur
spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcha View Post
hmmm... sorry for the dissent, but to me it looks like a 1960s comic book image. Still, maybe retro is the way to go.
lol, that's exactly how i felt when i first got into portable reading machines.
spirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #13
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Are there mobileread t-shirts?

Is there a store?
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Not ... yet.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Not ... yet.
I take it that means there will be? Hopefully not Cafe Press type stuff.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest, logo, mobileread