Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #61
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Always looking for improvements! Sent me a pm and I will look at it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #62
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I'd rather not post it on here until you've had a chance to look it over - don't want to confuse anyone!!
I've read your message and I've found that idea, not to be confusing for anyone or to post something before Toxaris approval.

I've never thought about my post to create a problem, and so I beg the pardon to everybody and I've just cancelled my file.

Toxaris has downloaded my file, if useful, he can fix the Macro.
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #63
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Sorry Start, I didn't mean anything towards you by the "confusing" remark! I just didn't want to step on anyone's toes by posting a change to his macro without him seeing it first....especially as it was my FIRST post on this forum!

I did send a PM to Toxaris with the file. We'll see what he thinks of it...

Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #64
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

All's right now, thank you very much Turtle91 for your kindly and smart reply
Old 12-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #65
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am having a week off with almost no internet, so you all have to wait for a week, sorry.
Will pick it up as soon as I can.
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #66
Start
Enthusiast

Best 2013 to everybody!

Thinking of an instruction in Toxaris Macro, like a wish-list, if realizable: when you insert a <i> code to see the right place for that code. If space has to be before or not the <i> </i> automatically. The same for <b> </b>.

Is it possible to to make a blank line <p>nbsp;</p> adding it when a paragraph in word has more space after? So it is possible to let the right space in the middle of 2 parapraphs.

Moreover, it's off-topic, but... does it exist a Word Macro for warning about a no-closed Chevron?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #67
Toxaris
Wizard

I am back and will take a look at the suggestions from Turtle tomorrow.

What do you exactly mean Start? It does not matter if you have _<i> or <i>_. The render will pick it up as _<i>. The same applies for the closing tags. It remains a question if you want to include your quotes, comma's, question marks and so on. It is quite possible to create a small macro that colorizes the bold/italic things in the document. A kind of premacro to check before conversion.

I am not quite sure what you mean with the <p>& nbsp;</p>. If you have an empty line in Word, it will gets converted to <p>& nbsp;</p>. Multiple spaces will be ignored in HTML.

Your last question is yes and no. As you know, there is a check dialogues macro which finds almost all broken dialogues. I believe your question is about languages which uses chevrons as dialogues markers. However, this macro needs overhaul end when I do I will include chevrons.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #68
Start
Enthusiast

Hi Toxaris,
interesting the idea of a sort of pre-macro. Maybe like an option to choose some parameters before activating the real Macro.

About <p>& nbsp;</p> it's a little difficult for me to explain in english but i'll try to be clearer, I hope to do so. In a book you can see every single Chapter with all sentences with the same space between lines and between paragraphs. So your Macro is perfect. All </p> is good as we don't need any <p>& nbsp;</p> further. The problem is where I see my scanned pages and there are a double space between 2 paragraphs because usually more space in an ebook has an important meaning, one is the time changing or the change of an idea and so on. So is It possible fo make a further <p>& nbsp;</p> when Word has this stop between paragraphs in order to avoid that a break isn't recognized?

In this case before activating your Macro I check my book in search of all double (and more) spaces between this "area of paragraphs". When I see one of them I write in Word a space by pressing the keyboard return button. So I'm sure that in conversion all is like the original old book. And the problem is that Word has the space after a paragraph activated in some sentences only. So it's difficult to detect them easily. I have to check them manually and sometimes I do mistakes...

And about "As you know, there is a check dialogues macro which finds almost all broken dialogues." Sorry I don't know where I can find that in the forum. Please can you write the right link where to download? But the question, as you say to me is "As you know, there is a check dialogues macro which finds almost all broken dialogues", and I hope to see an idea from you. It's difficult to do all by "hand" and with my poor eyes!

Last edited by Start; 01-05-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: for english
Old 01-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #69
Toxaris
Wizard

I think I know what you mean now. I am testing a small macro, or actually a routine, as part of another macro that tries to detect scene breaks and places a holder. It is not working exacly as I want yet, but it is almost there.
I'll place it online when it is done.

The dialogue macro is one of the macro's that I did not create alone. That one is due for an overhaul, so it is not available at the moment. I hope to have it in a working form in about 3-4 weeks. It handles dialogues in single quotes, double quotes (including low/high) and chevrons. If it is done, there will be a separate message thread opened.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #70
Toxaris
Wizard

A new version is online. I have incorporated some code changes given to me by Turtle91 and fixed a few small bugs/strange things. It is in the start post.

No answer on the other macro's yet.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #71
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
I downloaded the version from the first page, imported it and ran it with one of my files. I received a "variable not defined" error.
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #72
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's how to fix the "Variable not defined" error.

Add "dim i" (without the quotes) to the top of the Sub Transform_HTML() macro...just below the green remarks

Also add "Public Entities, Quotes, CharFonts As Variant" (without the quotes) just below the Option Explicit statement at the very top of the module.

It should look like this when you are done:
Quote:
Option Explicit
Public Entities, Quotes, CharFonts As Variant

Sub Transform_HTML()
' This macro converts the active document into a document with HTML tags for layout.
' Version 2.6 - Toxaris
' - fixed some strange effect withs tables
' - fixed unnecessary code in HTML when there are no notes
' - added guillemots as quote characters
' - streamlined replacements
Dim i

ActiveDocument.Save
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Dion
Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #73
Toxaris
Wizard

That is the result of maintaining two version manually outside the code check... The version in the first post is updated. Next time I will check better... Sorry.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #74
gonzo115
gonzo115 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for the great work but I'm using Word 2011 on Mac and the macro doesn't run. What do I need to fix to get it to work on Word 2011?

Thanks
gonzo115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #75
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

A big hammer through the screen fixes ALL of my Mac issues!!

I don't remember there being any Windows API calls that would cause it to hang on a Mac...I also think Toxaris was very good at incorporating multi-platform language for the file/folder calls.

Is there a particular error that pops up? Can you get a screen print??

Tags
ebook tools