Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #31
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I seem to have lost the sort and cover grid icons on my T62.
Ooops. Those icons are white on transparent, which doesn't show very well on a white background. My test e-ink devices had those moved to menu so I didn't see it.

The next beta will fix that.

FWIW: I think I am done implementing new stuff. I want to wait a few days after the next beta to see if anyone finds anything "unusual" then I will release it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #32
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Ooops. Those icons are white on transparent, which doesn't show very well on a white background. My test e-ink devices had those moved to menu so I didn't see it.
I figured as much. I like the new avatar.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I like the new avatar.
Last September we adopted two 3-month-old ginger (red) male brothers and one 2-month-old feral angora-like calico female. Life hasn't been the same since. Living with three youngsters has been exciting. Nothing is safe, anywhere in the house. They gang up on us, one distracting us by looking cute while the other two raid the kitchen or wherever. The feral female has taken a long time to trust us but we are getting there. One of the toms will bring me his toys to throw for him, be it 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning. Our bed is part of a Grand Prix racetrack. I have had to put up 7-foot-high netting on our 5th floor balcony to prevent them from becoming birds because the excitement of seeing pigeons on the neighboring roof.

Here is a picture of the three of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-08 00.42.30.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	138480

And now I will stop.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #34
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Got the new version. Love the new widgets.

kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #35
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Last September we adopted two 3-month-old ginger (red) male brothers and one 2-month-old feral angora-like calico female. Life hasn't been the same since. Living with three youngsters has been exciting. Nothing is safe, anywhere in the house. They gang up on us, one distracting us by looking cute while the other two raid the kitchen or wherever. The feral female has taken a long time to trust us but we are getting there. One of the toms will bring me his toys to throw for him, be it 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning. Our bed is part of a Grand Prix racetrack. I have had to put up 7-foot-high netting on our 5th floor balcony to prevent them from becoming birds because the excitement of seeing pigeons on the neighboring roof.

Here is a picture of the three of them.

Attachment 138480

And now I will stop.
Glad to hear they're doing well, and good call with the netting. Every time I see a Ginger kitty I think he looks like mine.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432082481636.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	138484
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #36
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V3.6.7e has been published

V3.6.7e:
  • E-ink corrections: Fix missing action bar buttons and improve display of ratings

Unless I broke something significant or someone tells me about a non-cosmetic problem, this will be the last beta. I hope to make the general release on Sunday.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #37
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
[Off Topic]
chaley, anytime I see the avatar, I feel as petting him (or her)
[/off topic]
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #38
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
GoodThis is the reason that support for the cc_delete_after_N tag was added. I don't see any reasonable way to handle this in CC, and adding the tag in calibre is straightforward. With the changes I made in version C the value in CC is used only if there is no tag.It is in the news source configuration. See the end of the prototype FAQ in post 2.
It didn't work for me. I set some up for 28 days but they were deleted after one. I have that as the setting in Companion for "number of days before deleting"
I wonder if I have to do cc_delete_after_N for all sources and not "number of days before deleting" for the balance? (Does one override the other?)
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #39
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
It didn't work for me. I set some up for 28 days but they were deleted after one. I have that as the setting in Companion for "number of days before deleting"
I wonder if I have to do cc_delete_after_N for all sources and not "number of days before deleting" for the balance? (Does one override the other?)
Thanks for telling me this. I checked my code and indeed I have a mistake. I have a logic error that effectively ends up assuming that the default will be larger than the N. Sigh...

I will make another beta release tonight that fixes this stupidity.

Apologies to the beta community for releasing broken SW.

EDIT: the tag is supposed to override the default in all cases. My mistake is that it didn't.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:38 PM   #40
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V3.6.7f has been released

V3.6.7f:
  • Fix error in handling news delete tags longer than the default.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #41
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Thanks for telling me this. I checked my code and indeed I have a mistake. I have a logic error that effectively ends up assuming that the default will be larger than the N. Sigh...

I will make another beta release tonight [snipped]
No problem, and it's late where you are. Tomorrow is fine! (I'm eastern USA.) Glad I could help, and I hope many will find this useful when you feel ready to release it!

(Time for a nice *BIG* glass of Bordeaux..)
Old 05-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #42
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V3.6.7g has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Tomorrow is fine! (I'm eastern USA.)
I should have waited.

More extensive testing today turned up some corner cases involving misspelled tags, multiple tags, and another logic error.

V3.6.7g has been released to fix these problems and add more logging.
Quote:
(Time for a nice *BIG* glass of Bordeaux..)
I think I agree with you.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM   #43
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
I should have waited.

More extensive testing today turned up some corner cases involving misspelled tags, multiple tags, and another logic error.

V3.6.7g has been released to fix these problems and add more logging.
I think I agree with you.
3.6.7f cured the issue. I have not detected any errors, although it is too early to claim perfection, I suppose... I will move on to g today some time when I can see it in google play.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #44
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I've just checked it in my Energy Pro and the new setting for color makes a big difference.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote