Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #23926
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I have never tried a french press. Does it really make a better cup of coffee? I use a single cup coffee maker and fresh ground beans.

Decaf Sumatra in my cup.
"Better" is completely subjective, but green beans that you prepare, roast, and grind yourself, one cup at a time in a french press with water at the precisely right temp for your beans, blend, and roast.

I know people that spend 15-30mins making one cup of coffee.

BUT in short... yeah, assuming all else equal, most people consider the french press the "better" way.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #23927
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Speaking as someone who doesn't especially enjoy coffee, I believe that the press also releases more of the essential oils of the beans.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #23928
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
"Better" is completely subjective, but green beans that you prepare, roast, and grind yourself, one cup at a time in a french press with water at the precisely right temp for your beans, blend, and roast.

I know people that spend 15-30mins making one cup of coffee.

BUT in short... yeah, assuming all else equal, most people consider the french press the "better" way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Speaking as someone who doesn't especially enjoy coffee, I believe that the press also releases more of the essential oils of the beans.
Thanks, I think I have to get one and try it out now.

Decaf Sumatra in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #23929
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Snow day. Peets Cafe Domingo for breakfast. Lucas is having Similac Organic.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #23930
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Water in my cup... I've been feeling very thirsty all the time lately.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #23931
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My first cup of coffee and thinking about making something to eat.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #23932
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Starbucks coffee. It goes well with dark chocolate brownies with white chocolate chips and walnuts. The brownie the dog ate as I went to chase a Lucas.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #23933
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
A day late and a dollar short, but --- that was a marvelous baby elephant picture several posts ago!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #23934
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Starbucks coffee. It goes well with dark chocolate brownies with white chocolate chips and walnuts. The brownie the dog ate as I went to chase a Lucas.
Ho, ho.....what happened to your teas?
We have one Starbucks in our city these days (pop.160.000), but it is at the railway station. I love their large hot chocolate which has a million calories, but dieting right now.
Of all places, the last Starbucks chocolate I had was in Istanbul two years ago.
Is Lucas walking already or is he crawling at super- speed?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #23935
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A mug of hot tea on a cold, dark day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #23936
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin’ high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
“We’ll meet on edges, soon,” said I
Proud ’neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I’m younger than that now

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY )

It's fun getting younger, but it's humbling too...

Good morning, everyone. Today we celebrate Lao Tsu's birthday! Happy B'day, Tsu! For a guy who was really a bunch of people, he's certainly made his mark on the world! I'll celebrate with a mug of my fav... unbranded Keemun tea! A plate of Huevos Rancheros and a side of fried polenta, just to mix up the cultures a bit... that should round out my breakie. Looks as if it's going to be a lovely day today. Spring time temps mean no over-pants for my ride. Maybe even take the liners out of my gloves... or am I pushing the season? We'll see.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #23937
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Plenty of tea has been consumed but I have been feeling coffee as well these days.

Lucas is crawling. He is pulling himself up. I suspect he will be cruising soon.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #23938
Amy GD
Banned
Amy GD is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Right now. There is nothing in my cup. I just finished my afternoon cup of coffee.
Amy GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #23939
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Bancha. I had skim milk with dinner.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #23940
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad

Well.... okay.... maybe two or 3... but still!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?