Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Too large gaps between the paragraphs

Sometimes when I convert to Epub in Calibre, it creates too big gaps between the paragraphs.

In reality, there is only one empty line between the paragraphs, but Calibre adds a little buffer above the first line in the paragraph and another buffer after the bottom line in the paragraph. Word sometimes does the same, but in word you can remove this by selecting "Remove space after/before paragraph.

Can this be done in Sigil?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
In Sigil, change to "code view" and look if the empty lines between paragraphs are hard coded (for example, <p>&nbsp;</p>). In that case I would suggest removing all the empty lines and changing the CSS to add an space between paragraphs of the size you want.
For more information, you can have a look at my Quick and Dirty ePub Tutorial (see my signature)
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool beat me to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Sometimes when I convert to Epub in Calibre, it creates too big gaps between the paragraphs.

In reality, there is only one empty line between the paragraphs, but Calibre adds a little buffer above the first line in the paragraph and another buffer after the bottom line in the paragraph. Word sometimes does the same, but in word you can remove this by selecting "Remove space after/before paragraph.

Can this be done in Sigil?
pablo beat me to the same answer. i should mention here that his tutorial (i keep a pdf of it on my computer) really has helped me to understand a lot that i previously didn't understand.

thanks pablo
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
pablo beat me to the same answer. i should mention here that his tutorial (i keep a pdf of it on my computer) really has helped me to understand a lot that i previously didn't understand.

thanks pablo
You're welcome, I'm glad you find the tutorial useful.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote