Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Native reader's available resolution?

I've had my Nook Tablet since Christmas. I've been using it for videos, comics, apps and just general playing around but I've been avoiding reading novels on it. Now I've decided to see if I like reading enough on it to make the move from my Kindle 3 for reading novels.

I have a question about images though. I set my cover & title page images to a width of 600 since I know the screen resolution is 600x1024. I've noticed that the images are cutoff at the top and bottom though. Even though the screen resolution is 600x1024, I don't seem to have access to all of this screen real estate with the native reader. Does anyone know the available image resolution in the native NT reader (without resorting to zooming, etc.)?

Thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to pass this information on to me.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Well, a lot of people were looking but no one was replying, so I'm assuming that meant no one had the answer.

I had some time to kill this afternoon, waiting for our Superbowl guests, so I decided to experiment a little and find the answer for myself. This may not be 100% on the dot, but I think I'm at least in the 98% range. The available resolution for the Nook Tablet's native reader is 600x880 pixels, in case anyone other than myself was interested.

Thanks, and I hope this helps someone else.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote