Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Thumbs up It's here! (and charging)

Can't quite believe it, but my Kindle arrived about 15 mins ago. I've got it charging up at the mo. It's so swish & cute. I haven't started loading anything on to it yet. Will report back later.
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet
oh, lucky you!
digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
chris2x
chris2x began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch + Kindle software, Kindle Wifi+3G
congrats! :-)

i preordered mine on August 18th so i will likely have to wait a bit more to get my unit...
chris2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Can't wait to hear your first impressions. Especially about the smaller page turning buttons.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:20 AM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Can you go and post a review on kindleboards? I already posted its arrival there so they are ready and waiting! You are the first!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:36 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I didn't see this thread, before I posted mine, but are you in the UK? I spotted your location as England
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #7
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Ordered mine on August 6th (WiFi model + cover). They shipped the leather cover this morning. They wrote they will ship the Kindle separately (didn't tell me when), although I asked them to send me all of the items together.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 AM   #8
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
Can't wait to hear your first impressions. Especially about the smaller page turning buttons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Can you go and post a review on kindleboards? I already posted its arrival there so they are ready and waiting! You are the first!
Don't know how much my first impressions will count for anything as this is my first ever reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I didn't see this thread, before I posted mine, but are you in the UK? I spotted your location as England
I am in the UK, ordered mine July 29th with 1st class delivery.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:48 AM   #9
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Does look like they sent all the wi-fi only ones out first then. I ordered 29th July for 3G Wi-Fi and mine is showing as delivery from today to Saturday 28th.

Case has been despatched separately but the shipping was upgraded to expedited for free.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I ordered wifi only, but nothing happening with mine yet
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:55 AM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Hey, you are the first normal person to get one! Everyone is waiting with baited breath!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:55 AM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Very exciting! Kindle is not my bag, but any new ereader release is still an event. Especially a new Kindle.

I know you will love it! Post pics of the new baby!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:09 AM   #13
Erinath
Shy Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Hey, you are the first normal person to get one! Everyone is waiting with baited breath!
I certainly wouldn't call myself normal

Here's a quick pic of the mobileread forums from the Kindle. The photo's pretty big so people can see the quality (though bare in mind it's pretty poor lighting) http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...isc/Kindle.jpg
Old 08-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #14
Prash
Zealot
Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3W, LG OG-E970, Utopia Apad
Congrats! Which one is it? 3g or WiFi?

I looked at the 3g version in the morning, and went through the order process until the point of payment, to look at the shipping charge to India. It said it would be shipped only after 17th September. If only it had a memory expansion slot, it would have been the perfect device for me.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:27 AM   #15
Erinath
Shy Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Congrats! Which one is it? 3g or WiFi?
Wifi only