Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #121
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Can someone tell me why the graphite version will not be available internationally?
That's very odd. I ordered a Kindle DX graphite last week to be shipped to the UK. The payment has been taken and it's apparently being shipped tomorrow. But I see now that only white is available for UK and Portugal. There are messages about getting into the queue which weren't there before so maybe it's just a temporary supply problem.

Keep looking; they might make them available internationally again soon.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #122
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasym View Post
That's very odd. I ordered a Kindle DX graphite last week to be shipped to the UK. The payment has been taken and it's apparently being shipped tomorrow. But I see now that only white is available for UK and Portugal. There are messages about getting into the queue which weren't there before so maybe it's just a temporary supply problem.

Keep looking; they might make them available internationally again soon.
Your ordered Graphite Kindle is the global wireless edition or the US one?

I guess they're doing the same as Apple: first stocks for US residents only, and when suply meets demand at "home", sell it internationally.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #123
dasym
Connoisseur

Quote:
Your ordered Graphite Kindle is the global wireless edition or the US one?

I guess they're doing the same as Apple: first stocks for US residents only, and when suply meets demand at "home", sell it internationally.
It's the Global one.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #124
FredBE
FredBE began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One, Kindle DXG
Just ordered from Belgium so yes it works for Europe and it is the Global Graphite

Quote:
Order #: xxxxxxxxx
Shipping Method: Priority International Courier
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $379.00
Shipping & Handling: $20.98
------
Import Fees Deposit $84.00
------
Total for this Order: $483.98

Delivery estimate: July 9, 2010 - July 13, 2010
Shipping estimate for these items: July 7, 2010
1 "Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 9.7" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally – Latest Generation"
Electronics; $379.00
Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.
FredBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #125
natty68
natty68 began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG
My DXG has been shipped to Thailand just a couple of minutes ago. Hope it gets here fast I ordered on July 2nd by the way.
natty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
B&N dropped the price of its Nook, after it Amazon so when Sony will drop the price?
Sony did drop the price.

600 = $169.99
300 = $149.99
900 = $299.99

So there you go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #127
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by natty68 View Post
My DXG has been shipped to Thailand just a couple of minutes ago. Hope it gets here fast I ordered on July 2nd by the way.
Mine has shipped 1 hour ago. It's scheduled for delivery on Thursday over here in Germany.
I've ordered on July 1st.

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-06-2010 at 06:09 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #128
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Mine shipped today for delivery tomorrow to New York ^^.

*dances*

One day prime shipping ftw!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #129
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Mine shipped today for delivery tomorrow to New York ^^.

*dances*

One day prime shipping ftw!
We expect a nice side-by-side pic alongside your old one so we can see the contrast difference.
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #130
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
We expect a nice side-by-side pic alongside your old one so we can see the contrast difference.

Of course!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #131
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Awesome! Make sure to take a picture from far enough so the lighting angle will be uniform.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #132
zzzxtreme
zzzxtreme began at the beginning.

Device: nook
great product. still no wifi, a real bummer !
zzzxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #133
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzxtreme View Post
great product. still no wifi, a real bummer !
Why do you want WiFi in a bookreader?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #134
FranciscoB
FranciscoB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Hanlin v3
Quote:
Can someone tell me why the graphite version will not be available internationally?
I live in Europe and I could pre-order the graphite version. So I assume it is already internationally available.
FranciscoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 AM   #135
dasym
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranciscoB View Post
I live in Europe and I could pre-order the graphite version. So I assume it is already internationally available.
Yes, the ability to buy one is back now; it wasn't available yesterday.