Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #31
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
I keep ending up with someone else's socks in my laundry. Now, at first I assumed that they belonged to someone in another one of the units in my building. But, I put the stray hosiery in the lost and found pile in the laundry room and they haven't been claimed in over a week. This either means that:

1. A family with several small children somehow manages to do laundry less than once a week
2. There is a field of invisibility surrounding the lost and found pile, so the socks' owners can't find them
3. The socks don't belong to other tenants in my building, but are transported through the sock vortex from other dryers.

3 for sure. Now can I get my socks back please?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #32
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Quote:
I keep ending up with someone else's socks in my laundry. Now, at first I assumed that they belonged to someone in another one of the units in my building. But, I put the stray hosiery in the lost and found pile in the laundry room and they haven't been claimed in over a week. This either means that:

1. A family with several small children somehow manages to do laundry less than once a week
2. There is a field of invisibility surrounding the lost and found pile, so the socks' owners can't find them
3. The socks don't belong to other tenants in my building, but are transported through the sock vortex from other dryers.

You have to put them back in the dryer so they can make their way back through the vortex.

The other possibility is
4. It's not the socks that are lost...
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #33
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:

or
4. Some mysterious woman has been observing you and left her phone number inside the socks for you.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Lame spambot - didn't even try to sell me anything!
Yes, I thought the purpose of spambots is to get you somewhere where you don't want to go...

Anyway, I want to thank the mod that moved the thread to here! It does raise some interresting questions
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #35
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
or
4. Some mysterious woman has been observing you and left her phone number inside the socks for you.
or
5. At the time they were lost, they had not yet metamorphosed into the sock form.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #36
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sounds like he wandered into one of Adrian's parties. There is an exit tunnel, but you have to pay the laddie $300 and then steal a transport belt that can take you through BOTH time and space in order to get past the exit door into the tunnel.

This seldom works. You are more likely to end up in the supply closet at Adrian's than to arrive in the exit tunnel.

Exit fees are non-refundable.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #37
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
or
5. At the time they were lost, they had not yet metamorphosed into the sock form.
Maybe it is Psockpuppet!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #38
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

And a clone?!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #39
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
I keep ending up with someone else's socks in my laundry.
This is more puzzling when you're in a shared house with a few people, believe me
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #40
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
This is more puzzling when you're in a shared house with a few people, believe me
And even more puzzling when you live alone. I found an alien sock in my dryer that did not even come close to fitting me. I knew that no one else was using my washer/dryer so I was thinking Uncertainty Principle as applied to socks.

(Turns out that one of my sister's socks had managed to go into some sort of stealth mode, probably in the washing machine, and remain undetected for several months until it surfaced in the dryer... I think.)

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
And even more puzzling when you live alone. I found an alien sock in my dryer that did not even come close to fitting me. I knew that no one else was using my washer/dryer so I was thinking Uncertainty Principle as applied to socks.

(Turns out that one of my sister's socks had managed to go into some sort of stealth mode, probably in the washing machine, and remain undetected for several months until it surfaced in the dryer... I think.)

your sister's sock ? a likely story. the uncertainty principle seems a lot more convincing to me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #42
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I don't know, Zelda's had some pretty strange experiences with socks in the past. I wouldn't discount the stealth option.

WWHALD?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #43
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
what is this i dont even
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 AM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
your sister's sock ? a likely story. the uncertainty principle seems a lot more convincing to me.
Poor sock was just lost... And nobody had any thread of pity for it!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #45
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Poor sock was just lost... And nobody had any thread of pity for it!
Darn it! Don't go there!!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emotive octopusses, hugo and lefty, safety pins, socks