Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-22-2023, 09:30 AM   #1
Ingvix
Ingvix began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
Inkpad Color freezes, new battery needed?

I seem to have a similar issue on my Inkpad Color as described on Inkpad 3 in this and this thread. The whole device just dies on heavy screen refresh, especially if colors are included. Everything works fine on charger. On battery, I can read text books for a time but eventually if left on or in sleep mode it'll crash and freeze even though battery is almost full and requires reboot while connected to a charger. Also it seems the battery is draining quite fast while it's in thise frozen state, so I suppose it's not actually shut down. I tried doing factory reset but it did nothing.

Unless anyone has any other ideas, in hopes it'll give me a few more years, I'd like to find a replacement battery, which as of now I've not found yet, so any tips on that would also be appreciated.
Ingvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 12:50 PM   #2
Ingvix
Ingvix began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
I actually found this shop selling the batteries. They do have a hefty price on it so I do wonder if I could make do with a smaller capacity, like this 1500mAh one for a different model, or is it incompatable? The Inkpad Color's battery does seem to have five wires coming out of it while that smaller capacity one only has two, so I'm guessing it won't work.
Ingvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2023, 01:28 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I'm getting "connection refused" errors with those links. I wonder if they are refusing connections from outside the EU?

Update: I can follow them now. I must have tried at a bad time for the server.

Last edited by rkomar; 09-22-2023 at 01:34 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, crash, freeze, inkpad color