Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #16
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
you can (depending on the pdf) zoom fit width fit height or by a factor and you can also reflow and text zoom
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting development. The newest update of the firmware for the 6 inch devices now supporst the "x" versions of Office formats. So along with the ebook formats and PDF the firmware now supports Doc and Doc X, PPT and PPTX, XLS and XLSX

This is preparation for the M90. I had word yesterday that the M90 has the final case moldings done. Same design just some improvements like the depth of the optical mouse. it was a little to deep in the one at CES.

Looks like we wont make April for retail probably they will be in the states in the first week of May with deliveries beginning the 3rd week of May.

Looking to having one in hand myself before too long.
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #18
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
I know your area of expertise is the USA, but do you have any guess on the EU release?

(btw http://www.onyxboox.com/ has had 05/02/2011 as the release date for a while now, thought it was the 5th of feb at the time, but since it is an American site it's probably May and as it is pretty near your date it might be an official unofficial (as in internal) release date)
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
Dulin's Books
Wizard

that is May We all expect them to be in the States the 2nd or 3rd but then DHL has to sort them through customs. If they don't get it done in 3 days then that pushed them into the week of the 9th before they get to Atlanta at the distributor

Id rather over deliver than over promise.

Sorry I don't know about Europe retailers but they will most likely have them at the same time , as we will all be getting them out of the same first production run.

I do ship Onyx to Europe- except Spain
Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 AM   #20
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Nice, but even if it's Pearl, it still doesn't make me want to dump my KDX....

Where the hell are the 11" readers?!
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #21
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Is there an expected price on this thing? I was going to get a Sony 950, but the M90 looks rather nice and I might be persuaded to wait and see if it includes a Pearl screen on launch.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #22
Dulin's Books
Wizard

New Videos and new pics

The videos are not in English but you get to see it in action

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ4MDMzMzk2.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQ0NDk2NTY0.html

Pictures showing the final case measurements

Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #23
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Nice, but even if it's Pearl, it still doesn't make me want to dump my KDX....
Well, there's decent PDF support, and a myriad of other supported formats to consider. The only reason I haven't gone for the DX is its dismal PDF support.

Quote:
Where the hell are the 11" readers?!
Hear, hear!
It's like these people don't want to take our money!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #24
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
that is May We all expect them to be in the States the 2nd or 3rd but then DHL has to sort them through customs. If they don't get it done in 3 days then that pushed them into the week of the 9th before they get to Atlanta at the distributor

Sorry I don't know about Europe retailers but they will most likely have them at the same time , as we will all be getting them out of the same first production run.

I do ship Onyx to Europe- except Spain

Do you have any heads-up on the accessories? For me, a decent cover would be essential.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #25
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
DX has a good screen but it doesn't have a Wi-Fi, so how I am supposed to put my pdf and other documents on it? Using USB cable all the time? Or paying $2 per MB for using Amazon's (non)free 3G connection. I have 2 words for it – false advertisement.

I have yet to see and evaluate Onyx but regardless of potential results it is a step in the right direction. Word docx are xml documents and the implementation should be rather trivial (no DRM to deal with). They should be supported by every decent e-reader.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 AM   #26
Dulin's Books
Wizard

m-reader- there will definitely be a cover but I havent seen it yet.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #27
fakir
fakir began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any updates? I do not know If I am willing to wait that long for M90...
fakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #28
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakir View Post
Any updates? I do not know If I am willing to wait that long for M90...
this is the newest info from the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books

that is May. We all expect them to be in the States the 2nd or 3rd but then DHL has to sort them through customs. If they don't get it done in 3 days then that pushes them into the week of the 9th before they get to Atlanta at the distributor

Old 03-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #29
fakir
fakir began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much. 1,5 month I can wait that long
fakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #30
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Will this thing have a web browser on it?
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90