Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-11-2023, 04:24 PM   #1
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Top Libraries by Overdrive Volume

https://company.overdrive.com/2023/0...kouts-in-2022/

This shows a slight change from 2020, where Minnesota's Hennepin County Library systems was in the top 10. The citizens of the country or states where the libraries exist should be proud of their ranking. In a time of tight budgets, this shows their commitment to an important source of learning and knowledge.

My quick review of the lapl.overdrive.com shows these results:

A Walk Among the Tombstones by Lawrence Block- Missing, but all other Scudder novels are present

City Primeval by Elmore Leonard- Present, but many other libraries (including FLP) do not have this ebook

Burning Angel by James Lee Burke- Present, htf at other libraries

Sanibel Flats by Randy Wayne White- Present, but this first book in the Doc Ford series is missing in medium size libraries

Please tell us how your library fares compared to LAPL.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:17 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I subscribe to The Ohio Digital Library, so happy to see them on the list

Don't anticipate my local libraries to make it, but see Miami-Dade in FL made it on there.

The top 5 consorita make sense as I believe those systems are statewide for the patrons, such as Ohio and TennesseeReads, so they get the full state renting/borrowing option
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:18 PM   #3
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Please tell us how your library fares compared to LAPL.
Is there a way to check for those not on this website listing?
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:40 PM   #4
Flaneurette
Enthusiast
Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle oasis3/Kobo sage/nook4&4+/Kindle Scribe
I am a member of Hennepin Co library- it has transitioned to MELSA and has pooled digital resources with other twin cities metro libraries so that explains the change in rankings. It is an awesome library and I am so fortunate that I am able to use it!
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:05 PM   #5
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Is there a way to check for those not on this website listing?
One can check collection sizes with the Advanced Search, but I think the answer for circulation figures is — not on the public internet. My guess is that local acquisitions librarians can see their own circulation numbers.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:38 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I'm constantly pleased with the books available in The Ohio Library for my area. It supplies a lot of my reading lately, and 50/50 split with KU.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 11:40 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Two of my libraries are in the list - King County and Seattle.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:59 PM   #8
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Two of my libraries are in the list - King County and Seattle.
I thought that those two systems had merged together.

Sno-Isle Library System has 3,000,000 + checkouts.

That is the Snohomish County and Island County library system, or the bedroom counties of Seattle.

edit: add Sno_isle Library System

Last edited by Fiat_Lux; 01-18-2023 at 03:06 PM.
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 08:30 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
I thought that those two systems had merged together.

Sno-Isle Library System has 3,000,000 + checkouts.

That is the Snohomish County and Island County library system, or the bedroom counties of Seattle.

edit: add Sno_isle Library System
King County and Seattle are still separate. I doubt they'll ever combine.

Besides those two libraries I also belong to two more: Sno-Isle and Pierce County (2 million).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, flp, lapl, overdrive