Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
5y2SB
5y2SB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Boyue T62+ dead

Hi,

I have had a Boyue T62+ for about three years now and have been a rather happy customer! More recently I have had less time to read e-books and have only occasionally (every few months) been charging the device. I also left the device plugged in to the charger for extended periods of time.

Yesterday I attempted to use the e-reader for the first time in months and the device was unresponsive. I went to charge the device and the only reaction I received when pressing the power button for an extended period of time was a flash lasting about half a second.

While I assume that the device is "off", it looks like a menu box and English text is visible as a "watermark".

I really do not know where to go from here. Other posters seem to be suggesting replacing the battery in similar situations, however the "watermark" visible on the screen is giving cause for concern.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on here and what might help?

Last edited by 5y2SB; 08-02-2019 at 05:20 PM.
5y2SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #2
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Can you post a picture of the menu it is showing? If you left it on the charger for an extended period it may have killed the battery over time as it's bad for a battery to be above 80% for a long time in storage or even use.
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
5y2SB

Thanks for your reply!

Here are some pictures I took..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190805_222355379.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	647.9 KB
ID:	172783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190805_222325987.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	937.2 KB
ID:	172784  
Old 08-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #4
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you ever seen that art screen before? Is that the normal boot screen then it goes into the os?
Malcolm
Old 08-06-2019, 04:52 AM   #5
5y2SB

Yes, the "art screen" is shown when the device is turned off. Take a look at the first picture though and you may see a very fine "watermark".
Old 08-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #6
rvcjew
Addict

Try holding power for 10 seconds and see if any screen changes (like watermark goes away) then hold power and refresh button at the same time and keep holding and you might get into the recovery and from there can factory reset but see if you can even get that to come up?
Malcolm
Old 09-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #7
5y2SB

I did everything you suggested but nothing happened. Seems pretty dead..

Anyone has any ideas?
Old 09-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #8
rvcjew
Addict

So those buttons still do nothing while it's plugged into the wall?
Malcolm
Old 09-03-2019, 04:38 PM   #9
5y2SB

No, nothing happens. While I was playing around with it I got a brief flash, but that is all.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:40 AM   #10
rvcjew
Addict

You could pop off the back cover slowly if you have a spudger and inspect the battery but it is soldered on it seems. I also can't find a replacement for it anywhere. Might be time for a new device. It needs to be opened and the info of the battery written down to source a new one.
Malcolm
Old 09-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #11
5y2SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
You could pop off the back cover slowly if you have a spudger and inspect the battery but it is soldered on it seems. I also can't find a replacement for it anywhere. Might be time for a new device. It needs to be opened and the info of the battery written down to source a new one.
Malcolm
This is the view of the interior . Anyone know which batteries might be suitable replacements?
Old 09-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #12
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5y2SB View Post
This is the view of the interior . Anyone know which batteries might be suitable replacements?
That is a pic of your actual unit that you took right?
Malcolm
Old 09-04-2019, 02:49 PM   #13
5y2SB

Yes, it is!
Old 09-07-2019, 03:48 AM   #14
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5y2SB View Post
Yes, it is!
Would need to get the battery out and then clip its wires and cover with something like electrical tape so they can't short, then source a new one.
Malcolm
Old 01-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #15
DonaldDuck
DonaldDuck began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem Pro+
In my Energy Sistem Pro+ (Boyue T62+) there are two IPhone 4S battery

and they can be bought on AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...chweb201603_55
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EnergyProPlus.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	176015  
DonaldDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, boyue, dead, screen, unresponsive