Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
Sort Order strangeness

I am using Calibre 0.7.7 on Windows 7 with a Kindle 1 (i.e., original).

I just sent a number of Books to my Kindle in Mobi format. This is the first time I have used Cailbre to organize my books. I manually deleted all the books on the Kindle first which I installed to the Kindle many moons ago, prior to using Calibre.

In Calibre, the books seem to sort fine; for example all the Anne McCaffrey books appear under "M" in Calibre. Looking at the Kindle, one of the McCaffrey books appears with the other authors who names begin with "A". The other books all appear under "M". (I am using Author sort on the Kindle.) Obviously, Kindle thinks the author is "Anne".

I go back into Calibre for the one McCaffrey book that is sorting strangely and everything appears to be correct under the Meta Information.

Is there anything else I can check or charge to try and get the books sorted correctly? I have a small number of books being sorted incorrectly. On my Kindle, since it doesn't support folders or other ways to organize books, I have 84 pages of books and thus I do not want to have to look through all these pages to find the wayward books on a normal basis.

Thanks.
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I would suggest converting from mobi to mobi
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
Thanks. I did the conversion again and that solved the problem.

Jerry
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote