Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
Thumbs up Why I might be going all digital with my books.

Soon after I graduate, if there is not another version of the nook released, I will end up getting a secondary reader, now I have a couple of reasons for this.

I will keep a 5 inch miniature ebook reader for my travels while keeping the 6 inch or maybe 7 inch at home.

Why would I go all digital?

-No dealing with bulky shelves, I have various electronics not just game systems that could use a good shelf or stand though. If Im going to live on my own I want to manage as much space as possible.

-Following a possible purchase of a netbook, I will finally be able to carry both an ebook reader and computer simultaneously.

-In case of a busy future, digital transition will be crucial for me. I know you could easilly bring a couple of physical books, but why do so if you want to manage space?

Anyway, my two cents.
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Sounds like a good plan........just be sure you have plenty of 'backup'.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I think a lot of us here are in that same camp. I have pretty much stopped buying pbooks altogether. The only ones I buy are the Pratchett books as they come out, since Discworld tends to engender that sort of collector.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I was actually considering this also. I need more room.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote