Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #406
WyzWmn
WyzWmn began at the beginning.

Device: none
My relatively new Kobo Touch is making me cranky - I upgraded to the 1.9.16 and now my touch won't recognize books I didn't buy from Chapters/Indigo - which kinda defeats the purpose of my having bought the dang thing in the first place. If I try to load books via Calibre or ADE I'm told that the book is already loaded and I can see that the space is used...I just can't get them to show up in my library to access them....any suggestions?(besides hitting it with a hammer I mean It worked fine before 16...srsly.
WyzWmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #407
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Is the time / date correct on the Touch?

Does the device show up in ADE as being authorized to the correct ID?

Do the IDs shown on Settings | Account for Adobe Authorization match your ADE ID?

Have you tried a reset / repatch / reauthorize to ADE / reinstall books?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #408
WyzWmn

yes yes yes and yes...(although I haven't reset it to factory)it was fine until I uploaded 16 - I wonder if I'm going to have to. *sigh*
Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #409
psy65
Enthusiast
psy65 doesn't litterpsy65 doesn't litter

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyzWmn View Post
yes yes yes and yes...(although I haven't reset it to factory)it was fine until I uploaded 16 - I wonder if I'm going to have to. *sigh*
I would suggest going back to 9.14. I'm sure someone can indicate the proper procedure to revert the firmware to something that worked a little better.
psy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #410
Jay001
Jay001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I did a factory reset to 1.9.9 and updated my Touch to 1.9.16. I opened the latest EPUB I was reading (Catch-22); the swiping and taps are slow and unreliable. However, I tried 4 other EPUB's and all 4 are smooth and responsive. *shrug*
Jay001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #411
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Have you been in touch with Kobo support then? Open a ticket and then ensure you post the ticket # on the GetSatisifaction web site too.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #412
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Darn! My KT updated itself to 1.9.16 today in spite of my attempts to avoid it. It downloaded the update automatically when I turned on WiFi. I told it not to update when it prompted, but it did it anyway automatically when I plugged in to recharge. I know, I should have plugged it in to USB first and gone hunting for the update files to delete them. I guess the only choice now is a factory reset and try to find the 1.9.14 firmware online. Grrrr!

Last edited by FJames; 02-20-2012 at 01:27 AM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #413
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by psy65 View Post
I would suggest going back to 9.14. I'm sure someone can indicate the proper procedure to revert the firmware to something that worked a little better.

I too would like to know how to load different versions of the firmware - and where to get them from.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #414
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
My relatively new Kobo Touch is making me cranky - I upgraded to the 1.9.16 and now my touch won't recognize books I didn't buy from Chapters/Indigo - which kinda defeats the purpose of my having bought the dang thing in the first place. If I try to load books via Calibre or ADE I'm told that the book is already loaded and I can see that the space is used...I just can't get them to show up in my library to access them....any suggestions?(besides hitting it with a hammer I mean It worked fine before 16...srsly.
Hi there, would you be willing to share some of the books that are not being recognized? Please email me at shasan at kobo dot com
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #415
WyzWmn

Shasan - do you want the names of them? - there's lots...like all of Laurell K Hamilton's books, all of Kelley Armstrong's, all of Lillith St Crow's books - is it the files you'd like to see?

I spent several hours today trying to get my kobo to sync via wifi to load the books that I'd purchased via the website (I bought a set of 8 by Lara Adain) and had to wait till I get home to use a cord to sync to get them on my Touch - and now the Kobo Desktop says that it's sync'd but I am not given the option to eject via desktop...

I'm tellin ya...this thing is frosting my twinkie since I loaded 16 on it!!!! mutter mutter )
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #416
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Shasan - do you want the names of them? - there's lots...like all of Laurell K Hamilton's books, all of Kelley Armstrong's, all of Lillith St Crow's books - is it the files you'd like to see?

I spent several hours today trying to get my kobo to sync via wifi to load the books that I'd purchased via the website (I bought a set of 8 by Lara Adain) and had to wait till I get home to use a cord to sync to get them on my Touch - and now the Kobo Desktop says that it's sync'd but I am not given the option to eject via desktop...

I'm tellin ya...this thing is frosting my twinkie since I loaded 16 on it!!!! mutter mutter )
Unless I have misread, seems like you are seeing several issues:
1. Sideloading (books not bought from Kobo) not working properly - please send me examples of actual files that are not showing up on your eReader.

2. Books that are in your Kobo library not syncing over wifi - this shouldn't be happening, please send me the names of the books you were having issues with.

3. Device not ejecting from your computer - were you able to eject using windows explorer (or finder if you are on a mac)?

Last edited by SameerH; 02-20-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: clarified sideloading
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #417
WyzWmn

oh and it gets better...I've now got the double tapping disease to get to anything on the Kobo including turning a page...and the set of 8 books I just purchased from the store have loaded via the cable but open at chapter 29...do I have to single page it all the way back to the beginning or is there a trick for that?

sheesh...this was so much easier last week LoL

thanks for taking an interest...I'll send you a couple of files s via email so you can see what I'm working with...
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #418
psy65
Enthusiast
psy65 doesn't litterpsy65 doesn't litter

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I too would like to know how to load different versions of the firmware - and where to get them from.
I'm sorry but i don't know where to find them, if you look around in these forums they should be somehwere along with the instruction on how to install them.
psy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #419
buze
buze began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle 4, iPad
So, two months in after the worst update ever, and no sign of any fixes so far? Is progress being made or are the engineering resources all been shifted to the shiny color model ?
buze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #420
saiyuki
Enthusiast
saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: binatone ReadMe, Kobo Touch, Scroll Extreme 2
Is it possible to obtain the 1.9.14 update somewhere. The references i see on the web for 1.9.14 are either news of it's release or a link to Kobo site which shows the 1.9.16 update.

Regards Saiyuki
saiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote