Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Rooted Classic but Can't Change Launcher

I'm kind of stumped here. I have my Classic rooted and everything seemed to have worked correctly. But I don't have any option to run another launcher so I can't get to any apps I've installed.

When I boot the Nook, I get two options on the LCD screen: "Home" and "Nook Root" and on the epaper part of the screen it says "Complete action using" and "use by default for this action".

I go to "home" and everything works exactly like my Nook before rooting. If I go to "Nook Root" I get the Nomad utility for firmware 1.4-1.5 with "Start Rooting", "Remove Nook Root" and "Exit" as options.

I see places that say I should be able to press and hold my LCD screen and get a choice of Nook launchers. I don't get that anywhere.

The only thing that I can think of that I might have done differently is that I installed TWLL's alternate firmware (http://twll.blogspot.com/2011/03/noo...rovements.html) pretty much right after I rooted.

I can get to everything through adb connect, push and pull files, install APK's, etc. I just can't seem to be able to launch anything!

Did I miss something obvious?

Thanks...
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
ppn
Xtreme Member
ppn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
try to install Nook Launcher Ru:
http://code.google.com/p/nook-rus/downloads/list
-download the apk
-download android SDK (if you haven't installed it yet )
- adb connect 'Nook-IP':5555
- adb install ru.mynook.launcher.apk
Then Reboot your Nook
Then you should see Home & Launcher (yellow icon )
- select launcher (yellow icon )
now you are in ru.mynook.launcher
then hold your finger on one icon then from top left press +
then you should see you installed app there (if you've installed any yet )
ppn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Sweet! I could have sworn I installed a launcher after rooting but I must not have.

I'm in business now...
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote