Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Did you tick the appropriate boxes for the fields you changed?
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Thanks JSWolf, I've updated the original post with the new version of the GUI.

Did SP1 for .NET v2 fix your crashing problems??

Cheers again.
I already had the latest Net v2 with all the patches. That wasn't a problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you tick the appropriate boxes for the fields you changed?
Sure did. And when I installed .03, I put it in the same directory as I had .02. And that directory does contain mobi2mobi.exe and is in the path as well.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #19
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Sorry, quite right... Thinking of the wrong bug. I'll try again =8) I hope you haven't received the file in use problem again.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #20
Jad
Groupie

Are you modifying an existing .MOBI file? The feedback window should output the contents of the converted file. Did you change the output filename at all, or did you leave it as original? I'm just trying to figure where the possible break might be.

Cheers
Advert
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #21
Jad
Groupie

Ok spotted one bug related to supporting .MOBI extensions. On a reload of the .MOBI file the Book Title text does not reflect the Title contents stored in the .MOBI file it still reports the Database name.

Because the GUI originally only supported PRCs I grabbed the Database name and automatically write that out as the Book Title. If you don't specify a --Title flag when converting, I found that the Title contents reflected the pathname of the original file, which would look weird in Mobipocket etc that refer to the Title field. (Must report this as a bug to tompe actually)
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #22
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
If you are parsing the output I should probably clean it up and make sure that all relevant output is on stdout. I could also add some flag for output more suited for parsing...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #23
Jad
Groupie

Hi Tommy,

Its not actually a problem at the moment. The search code parses the output and looks for the various strings I need such as:

EXTH item: 100 - Author -

It then grabs the full line and I split based on the dashes as delimters into a string array. The last array value is the information I need and I just trim the space off the front to give a nice tidy value... Easy after you bang your head on the keyboard long enough. =)
Old 03-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #24
Jad
Groupie

Actually thinking about it. Outputing the detail in a INI file type arrangement would make life for Window programmers really easy as I think all the languages can leverage off of the built in INIFile type calls which make life really easy to pinpoint keys and read their values. I do that very basically for the Default directory handling.

Last edited by Jad; 03-09-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Are you modifying an existing .MOBI file? The feedback window should output the contents of the converted file. Did you change the output filename at all, or did you leave it as original? I'm just trying to figure where the possible break might be.

Cheers
I've tried both and nothing at all. It's like it's not picking up mobi2mobi.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #26
Jad
Groupie

That is really strange. So long as they are in the same folder it should see the mobi2mobi.exe file. Hmm. Did v0.02 have the same problem?

Just to clarify, when you open either a .PRC or .MOBI the only fields that get updated are:

Book Directory
Opened File
Output File
Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #27
Jad
Groupie

Hi Jon,

Ok I've duplicated the problem and its my fault. Thank you so much for reporting this as it will impact a whole bunch of people. Ok in the short term to try the GUI out until I fix a pathing issue. Stick the mobi2mobi.exe in the same folder as your .PRC or .MOBI file.

I'm fixing right now and should have an update in 30min.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll wait for the update. It's just easier that way.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #29
Jad
Groupie

Thanks Jon,

I'm going to be a bit delayed now as I have to dash out the door for a bit. I'll try and squash this tonight and get a working version up tomorrow. Sorry to everyone having the same problem. Use the workaround until I fix this.

Cheers
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Not a problem.. I didn't need it at the moment. I was just testing it for when I want it. Sometime Monday will be fine with me.

Tags
mobi2mobi