Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Anyone else waiting for the PRS-750?

In light of the gorgeous and almost perfect PRS-650 that just came out, I'm curious, is anyone else waiting for that perfect reader that has a touch screen, built in front lighting and has crystal clear type? Although I love all of my readers, I use my 700 most because of the built in reading light. As I see it, a PRS-750 would be as perfect as I could hope for.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
In light of the gorgeous and almost perfect PRS-650 that just came out, I'm curious, is anyone else waiting for that perfect reader that has a touch screen, built in front lighting and has crystal clear type? Although I love all of my readers, I use my 700 most because of the built in reading light. As I see it, a PRS-750 would be as perfect as I could hope for.
It is not 750, it is called PRS-950.
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I'm waiting for the 950. My current plan is to preorder it as soon as it becomes available for preordering. My only disappointment with the information about the 950 so far is that it will not be available in black or dark blue. I had been hoping not to have to buy another silver model.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by worxland View Post
It is not 750, it is called PRS-950.
No no , SolRaven knows her way very well around all Sony devices , She means really 750. A 6 Inch device, very similar to the 650, with the built-in light as the 700 used to have.

Sigh...Sol, I'd love them to come back to this idea, but I fear they make much more money selling a reader without light PLUS a cover with light (for a horrendous price.......). So they improve some stuff (such as the lisibility with new Pearl Screen) in order to keep the market share, but since they "trained" us to be without an integrated light since the 600, I don't see "them" (those horrid marketing people ) doing us this favor.

Says me, who can analyse the whole strategy reaaaaaaally well, and still keeps falling for it (currently waiting for ordered 650 and 350 to arrive LOL)

Last edited by aceflor; 09-28-2010 at 06:13 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I'm waiting for the 950. My current plan is to preorder it as soon as it becomes available for preordering. My only disappointment with the information about the 950 so far is that it will not be available in black or dark blue. I had been hoping not to have to buy another silver model.
I had thought that although the 950 prototype pics are silver, the final units themselves will be black?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Sigh...Sol, I'd love them to come back to this idea, but I fear they make much more money selling a reader without light PLUS a cover with light (for a horrendous price.......). So they improve some stuff (such as the lisibility with new Pearl Screen) in order to keep the market share, but since they "trained" us to be without an integrated light since the 600, I don't see "them" (those horrid marketing people ) doing us this favor.

Says me, who can analyse the whole strategy reaaaaaaally well, and still keeps falling for it (currently waiting for ordered 650 and 350 to arrive LOL)
LOL... Ace, I understand falling for the marketing strategy since I've purchased a total of 4 Sony readers in less than 6 mos. last year. I think what finally made me slow down is when I realised that the newest one, the 600 isn't as nice as the other 2 that I was already using. That's what has given me pause in purchasing the 650. Just to get it out of my system, I did visit the SonyStyle store to just touch it. LOL...

As for the book lighting, I would be surprised if Sony didn't come out with a 750 within the year. Their 700 is the only one of it's kind and those of us that read mostly at night and own a 700 love them. I love not having to fumble with a book light when I'm laying in bed. The cover w/light wedge for the 505 is fantastic, but the cover w/light for the 600 is awful. I tried to make it work, but couldn't believe what a poor quality light it was. I returned it for a standard cover and Mighty Bright Travel Flex.

Come on Sony. The 700 was a great idea, but it's time for it's upgrade.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
My 650 lighted case is a bit too bright. I had the LED on low last night and it lit up my room. Nothing beats the 700 for nightlight reading.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
My 650 lighted case is a bit too bright. I had the LED on low last night and it lit up my room. Nothing beats the 700 for nightlight reading.
hear hear !!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
SolRaven
Wizard

I wonder if I can figure out how to change the battery on my 700. It used to last about 8 hours with the lights on; now it only lasts about 2.5.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
To be honest, I'm not looking for it. Not yet.
I wasn't 100% satisfied with the PRS-650 touchscreen display.
That said, I'd like a reading light - but I haven't much use for it at present.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #11
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
To be honest, I'm not looking for it. Not yet.
I wasn't 100% satisfied with the PRS-650 touchscreen display.
That said, I'd like a reading light - but I haven't much use for it at present.
April, what didn't you like about the 650 display? I only saw it in the SonyStyle store, which is too dimly lit to check out a reader, but great for checking out their TV's and computers.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #12
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
April, what didn't you like about the 650 display? I only saw it in the SonyStyle store, which is too dimly lit to check out a reader, but great for checking out their TV's and computers.
Dear Husband (and if not "Dear" today, then when at all ?) is bringing me my new 650 tonight (I ordered it in Germany from sonystyle, they don't sell it in Spain), I really hope I'll like the display...

Come on Sol.... you know you want one......
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #13
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

aceflor, try "My darling husband"
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #14
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Dear Husband (and if not "Dear" today, then when at all ?) is bringing me my new 650 tonight (I ordered it in Germany from sonystyle, they don't sell it in Spain), I really hope I'll like the display...

Come on Sol.... you know you want one......
I do not! I would never drive 2 miles out of my way to park in a huge parking log and walk through a huge mall just to ... touch it.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #15
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
It looked great. Don't get me wrong.
It was the touch display that bugged me. It was inexplicably insensitive to touch for several seconds at some times, sharp and responsive at others.
At least my PRS-600 is consistent.
BTW, the best way to compare is to bring along your old liseuse for direct comparison