Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
How to open/read this type ebook?

I have an ebook type that I would prefer to have in calibre. So, here is a link to an ebook that came in this other reader (for free so no copyright issues here). Any help/suggestions on how to open this in Calibre and convert it to something else? Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t04wd9cf6a6ma19/170.zip

I had to zip it to put it on dropbox, but the original "ebook" is the entire folder contained within the zip, so you would need to unzip it to get it in its original form. Thanks!
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
I have an ebook type that I would prefer to have in calibre. So, here is a link to an ebook that came in this other reader (for free so no copyright issues here). Any help/suggestions on how to open this in Calibre and convert it to something else? Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t04wd9cf6a6ma19/170.zip

I had to zip it to put it on dropbox, but the original "ebook" is the entire folder contained within the zip, so you would need to unzip it to get it in its original form. Thanks!
Someone removed the EPUB container. Those files look like what you would see if you 'exploded' any EPUB.

You could use Sigil to reassemble the book. Add all those files, relink the stylesheet, Set the Cover semantics for the image AND the page. Validate and Save.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Someone removed the EPUB container. Those files look like what you would see if you 'exploded' any EPUB.

You could use Sigil to reassemble the book. Add all those files, relink the stylesheet, Set the Cover semantics for the image AND the page. Validate and Save.
I hate to sound dense, but I haven't used Sigil before. Is "relink the stylesheet, set the cover semantics for the image and the page. Validate and save" as easy as you make it sound? I'll go give it a try now, but we'll see how it goes. If I have more questions, I'll be back. Thank you so much for your quick response!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hate to sound dense, but I haven't used Sigil before. Is "relink the stylesheet, set the cover semantics for the image and the page. Validate and save" as easy as you make it sound? I'll go give it a try now, but we'll see how it goes. If I have more questions, I'll be back. Thank you so much for your quick response!
As easy as a Right click in the book browser pane.

Find the cover page in the list: right click:set

Find the Cover Image: right click: set

Select all the Body HTML files(as desired) :Right-click: (re)Link Style sheet (select sheet or sheet to link. all others in those files will be un-linked) )

Click the Green Tick mark to Validate: (You are on your own(ish) fixing any errors ). Save
Old 07-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
primetime34
Zealot

I don't know if I did it all right (I still got a couple of errors on Validate...they were the following: OEBPS/Misc/db.opf - This resource is present in the OPF <manifeset>, but it's not reachable (it's unused) and OEBPS/content.opf - The <lanugage> element is missing, and OEBPS/content.opf - The <title> element is missing), but I opened it up in Calibre, it opened fine, the table of contents worked, and I was able to convert it and this is awesome! Any suggestions on what those errors mean would be great, but I am feeling pretty good about this right now!
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I don't know if I did it all right (I still got a couple of errors on Validate...they were the following: OEBPS/Misc/db.opf - This resource is present in the OPF <manifeset>, but it's not reachable (it's unused) and OEBPS/content.opf - The <lanugage> element is missing, and OEBPS/content.opf - The <title> element is missing), but I opened it up in Calibre, it opened fine, the table of contents worked, and I was able to convert it and this is awesome! Any suggestions on what those errors mean would be great, but I am feeling pretty good about this right now!
3 easy fixes

2 are done in the same place.
Tap F8, this happens to take care of the Language (if you want the system setting).
Fill in the Title (Author....) boxes. Save

Delete DB.opf in the Misc section. There is only one OPF file

Validate and Save
Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
primetime34
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
3 easy fixes

2 are done in the same place.
Tap F8, this happens to take care of the Language (if you want the system setting).
Fill in the Title (Author....) boxes. Save

Delete DB.opf in the Misc section. There is only one OPF file

Validate and Save
Amazing! Thank you so much. This is awesome.