Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #76
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
One problem that I do have now, is when I use the keys to turn pages, they sometimes turn two at a time, so I´m using swipe instead. Didn´t happen in the previous version
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #77
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by susaz View Post
One problem that I do have now, is when I use the keys to turn pages, they sometimes turn two at a time, so I´m using swipe instead. Didn´t happen in the previous version
I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or somewhere else, but a workaround that works for me when this happens is to hit the "back" button to return the home screen and then select the same book again. I don't think that totally cures the problem, but does reduce the frequency of it greatly.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #78
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Then I've got a lot of funky epubs because these keeps happening to me. Got the freeze then the spinning arrows just this morning. Soft reset fixes the issue but I find myself waiting patiently for the next firmware update.
I got the freeze spinning arrrows while in the collections screen after hitting the page forward button. Was not reading a book, just paging forward through collections.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #79
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
I just got the freeze/spinning arrows for the 1st time. Did a reset and it powered on to home screen. When I re-opened the book I'd been reading it opened at the point I'd stopped reading at last night- not the page I was on when it crashed.
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #80
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinring View Post
This procedure works ok for me under Ubuntu 11.10
I have been searching the forums all morning for an update fix for Ubuntu 11.10. Do you have a link for the instructions you followed? Thank you!
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert