Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Cezalinho
Cezalinho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Mobipocket Creator questions.

Hello everyone

I have some questions about using Mobipocket creator and I would appreciate it if you could help me with them. I am trying to create a book for the Kindle and I have used Kindlegen and have also tried Calibre to convert my HTML document into an e-book. Although they do create the book I found that they really bloated the file size (probably due to the images) and I could not upload the book onto Amazon's server. So I tried Mobipocket Creator and to my great joy it really gave me a smaller file size. However I have the following queries:

1, My HTML document contains a table of contents with links to the respective chapters. Using Kindlegen I was able to specfiy that table as the proper TOC but with Mobipocket Creator I don't know if it is possibkle. I don't want Mobipocket Creator to make a new TOC but for it to use the one I generated so that the 'go to' function in the Kindle will go to that TOC. Is this possible?

2, Are there any drawbacks to using high compression?

3, If I am uploading my book to Amazon's server, should I choose any encryption or DRM management?

Thanks a lot!
Cezalinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
Cezalinho
Cezalinho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Update: I managed to find the answer to Q1 by searching the forums
Cezalinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert