Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
dujik
dujik began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
mobi conversion to any other format

Please tell me there is some other software in the world besides CALIBRE (its not working ,pages are not in order , bug reported 8 months ago)
that i can convert mobi files to pdf,cbr jpeg (whatever else i dont care)
dujik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Have a look at mobiunpack and MobiML2HTML, two python scripts you can find discussed in these forums. They will get you from mobipocket format to (x)html, and you can take it from there.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Since a .mobi file does not have pages, per se, it is hard to see how the "pages" could be out of order.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #4
dujik

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Since a .mobi file does not have pages, per se, it is hard to see how the "pages" could be out of order.
Hi,if you have the will to download this :
[link deleted] ... and convert it to pdf ( or jpg) you will see how pages ends up all messed up
I have hundreds of these comics that just cant be converted.

Last edited by HarryT; 10-26-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
dujik

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Have a look at mobiunpack and MobiML2HTML, two python scripts you can find discussed in these forums. They will get you from mobipocket format to (x)html, and you can take it from there.
Thank you
Old 10-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dujik View Post
Hi,if you have the will to download this : [link deleted]
... and convert it to pdf ( or jpg) you will see how pages ends up all messed up
I have hundreds of these comics that just cant be converted.
In other words, you're illegally downloading copyrighted material, and then complaining that you can't convert it to other formats?

Do NOT post links to pirated material here at MR, unless you want to to banned from the site.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 AM   #7
dujik

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
In other words, you're illegally downloading copyrighted material, and then complaining that you can't convert it to other formats?

Do NOT post links to pirated material here at MR, unless you want to to banned from the site.
Ok , i apologize, i thought it wasn't a big deal for some 30 year old comic
I see i was wrong ,sorry

Last edited by dujik; 10-26-2011 at 04:37 AM.