Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-16-2023, 03:31 PM   #1
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Any fan of Neverending Story?

I like that book very much. IMHO it's not a story for boys, it's a story for adults, full of both explicit and hidden allegory.

Spoiler:
For example, IMHO the Childlike Empress is the paper.

What do you think about?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 04:42 PM   #2
db105
Zealot
db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Well, I really loved it as a kid, although I have not read it again as an adult. But I have a high opinion on it.

I had an edition where the parts in the real world and the parts in the fantasy world were printed in different colors. I liked the main character, Bastian Balthazar Bux, who was a great character for me to identify with and accompany in that marvellous adventure, and also enjoyed the storytelling style, with all those "but that's a different story and should be told at a different time", which really gave the feeling of a neverending story, and gave depth to the world.
db105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2023, 11:52 AM   #3
Matt546
Matt546 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I also read it as a child, I still remember the first part of the film, I loved watching it. The next 2 parts of the film no longer caused such delight.
Matt546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:56 AM   #4
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
How can there be a Neverending Story 2? I mean, if the original never ended.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote