Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: How often has your T1 crashed/frozen? (after using it at least 3 days)
Once 38 23.60%
2-3 times 26 16.15%
More than 3 times 35 21.74%
Never 62 38.51%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #241
Tardis
Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Tardis can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: PRS-T1, ipad2
Hi there - this is my first post. I just wanted to let you all know I did my bit in letting Sony know about this problem! I posted a politely scathing review (if such a thing exists) on the T1, (on the Sony Canada site) and suggested that they check here to see the magnitude of the problem. I also mentioned that most people are quite familiar with the ins and outs of touch screens and are not likely to be the cause of this freezing issue. In other words, Sony, your new baby has a wee problem, and please fix it!
Tardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #242
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
OK, I got it myself for the first time, and it was with a PDF, not an ePub. I'm not even sure how it occurred; I think that it happened when I pressed the options key. I was experimenting with Adobe Acrobat Pro and making my PDFs more mobile friendly when it occurred. Weird...never with an ePub so far. And my library on the device is *small*, as my beautiful 950 is my primary reading device. I had suspended several times during the course of the day.
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #243
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
There's a new Sony PRS-T1 Firmwareupdate out!

Version 1.0.02.10280 can be downloaded and installed through the Reader-Software.

More in German here: Firmwareupdate Sony PRS-T1; Version 1.0.02.10280

Maybe it helps with the crashing issues.
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #244
toby53
Enthusiast
toby53 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1 & Basic KOBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe1dnn View Post
Is a few posts earlier, but here it is again, the factory reset procedure from Sony:
PRS-T1 factory reset
Thanks
toby53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #245
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post

Version 1.0.02.10280 can be downloaded and installed through the Reader-Software.

Thank you. I've just updated mine (with the help of your German link and Microsoft's translator).

Basically, I connected the T1, with Reader running (on a Mac). Under the Help menu, I checked for updates. It told me there was one, and once I'd accepted it the installation was all automatic, just needed a few OKs along the way.

I obviously haven't used it enough to say if the flipping & freezing issues are fixed, but it all loaded up OK into the right place in the book I was reading.

The problem with the dictionary, where selecting the last word of a paragraph also selected the first word of the following one seems to have been fixed.

Last edited by Insalata; 11-17-2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Quote earlier post
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #246
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post

Cannot find any info on the sony.co.uk
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #247
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

If you connect your T1 and check for updates through the help menu on Reader, the update is there.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #248
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Did that actually change the firmware on the T1 itself? Can you check on the T1 and ensure that the new firmware version is installed or was this just an upgrade to the Reader PC software. I went on the US Support forum at Sony and there is nothing there. In fact, yesterday, the moderator there was still thanking people for reporting their issues.

Thanks!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #249
Insalata
Zealot

My device is showing firmware version 1.0.02.10280.

I've attached a screenshot showing the numbers during the update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony update.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	79088  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #250
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
My device is showing firmware version 1.0.02.10280.

I've attached a screenshot showing the numbers during the update.
The description in the English version of Reader is:

This update is applicable for PRS-T1 (1.0.02.10280) to address the following issue:
- To enable select e-book files to successfully download.

But you never know what else they might have changed! OTOH, I'm glad that Sony updates their devices.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #251
Insalata
Zealot

The dictionary bug with the last word in a paragraph was consistent before, and isn't happening now, so the description of the update is not complete.

Obviously, it will take a while to tell if the crashing problems are sorted out. My T1 has only crashed about three times (all within one 24 hour period) so it will be a long time before I can say if that's any different in the new version. If someone who has had more frequent problems tries it, any change would be more obvious.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #252
csromy
csromy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
This update is applicable for PRS-T1 (1.0.02.10280) to address the following issue:
- To enable select e-book files to successfully download.
Even this issue seems not to be solved. eBooks from ciando.com still doesn't work on t1.
csromy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #253
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
On the german reader-club.sony.de forum a user already reported the paging bug using the new T1 firmware, so it looks like this fix is not fixing this problem. The funny thing is, this user had not seen the problem before and it happened to him 15 minutes after he updated... So he thought he made a big mistake by updating, but of course the truth is he has been lucky up to now...

Anyway, the bug still seems to be alive and kicking.

I'm currently reinstalling the Reader software to update. I uninstalled it because it is horrible and I use Calibre, but now it seems to be needed to update...
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #254
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I installed the update after lunch today and I will report back if the page flipping/freezing occurs still.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #255
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Nothing as yet on the Sony Store AU
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote