Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-13-2023, 08:15 PM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I expect you have already tried Alice Munro's short stories, but just in case you haven't, I thought I'd mention them.
Oh, yes! Alice Munro is a genius. I love her work.

Thanks for mentioning her!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:00 AM   #32
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I expect you have already tried Alice Munro's short stories, but just in case you haven't, I thought I'd mention them.
I have! And I read another this morning. As I mentioned in another post, I am slowly working my way through the revised and updated edition of Points of View: An Anthology of Short Stories. This morning's story was Alice Munro's epistolary novelette "A Wilderness Station." I enjoyed it quite a bit!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 08:37 PM   #33
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Wooden Feathers by Ursula Vernon (also published under the name T. Kingfisher in a story collection called Jackalope Wives & Other Stories). Again, I am a fan of almost anything by Kingfisher/Vernon, links to more shorts here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I read Wooden Feathers at lunch and found it delightful.
I'm seconding that (read it after seeing it recommended here); delightful indeed.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote