Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #136
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
My glo is also suffering from "The Light Bug", as is my patience with the kobo coders!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #137
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
My glo is also suffering from "The Light Bug", as is my patience with the kobo coders!
What's the light bug? I've only just updated to 2.5.0 and haven't noticed anything untoward...
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #138
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys,

I just want to infom you that now there is a "night mode" for ours Kobo Glo. Don't forget to congratulate the author for his big job.

The link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=200706&page=3
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #139
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Still there in 2.5.0. I just happened to be reading a book that had looonngg paragraphs when 2.5.0 came out. It was the first thing I noticed when I started reading with it.
The bug where sometimes the last line is moved to the next page at the end of a chapter is still there too. I explained it here.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #140
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
A very minor bug, but annoying all the same:

When you go into full dictionary, there is an arrow in the top left corner, and x in the top right corner. In 2.4.0, the arrow would take you into the part of the dictionary where you could edit the input (ie take off the -ed on a verb when the verb wouldn't show in in the dictionary otherwise) and the x would take you back to the book.

The bug? In 2.5.0, BOTH the arrow and the x take you back to the book. Useful, two separate buttons performing the same function.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #141
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
It's not just the light button, though - it's on unsleeping, too. LowLight Bug?

Weird that it only happened to me after a Calibre connect, though. And, update: I just let it sit in sleep for half an hour or so, and when I picked it up just now, the light's coming on happily again. It's obviously not a massive dealbreaker bug, just a minor annoyance for those of us who use the lowest setting routinely, but it definitely would be nice if it was fixed!
Weird that yours is coming and going.

Mine hasn't ....it's consistently not had the bug the whole time. I haven't done anything with calibre as of yet (I'm waiting for the update). Only put one library book on with ADE.

Also I'm not 100% sure my light appears lower than with 2.4.0.....it seems the same to me, but the only way I would really notice I think, is if I turned it on in the middle of the night to read, since that's when I found it too bright set on low. I wonder if not having the bug and possibly the light not being lower are related?

My update was through wifi and it was one of the first updates that went through perfectly on the first try, otherwise I would guess my update hadn't been done properly and that's why the missing bug. Obviously I'm not complaining...just surprised.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #142
jpelgrom
jpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle (7th Gen.), Kobo Touch
Any news on the bug making undeletable shelves with no content in it every time you restart the device (requiring a special sign such as ë in the name of the shelf)? Has it finally been solved in 2.5.0?
jpelgrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #143
jhuynh
Enthusiast
jhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Just did the update and here are my observations regarding the light bug.

Initially I did not have the light bug until i started playing around with the brightness level. I always keep my Kobo on the lowest brightness but playing with it I realised that there are 2 settings for when the brightness slider is all the way to the left.

The original setting when I first updated was at the same brightness level as 2.4 but if you touched the slider and pulled left you would notice that it goes one step lower. Once this happens the light button will not work properly. If you play with the slider to get it to the second lowest brightness setting(while the slider is still showing all the way to the left) the light button works as before and the brightness is the same level as it was in 2.4 for the lowest setting.
jhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #144
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelgrom View Post
Any news on the bug making undeletable shelves with no content in it every time you restart the device (requiring a special sign such as ë in the name of the shelf)? Has it finally been solved in 2.5.0?
Not sure I've seen that bug mentioned by anyone in the past!

Just trying it on my device (Touch, 2.5.0) to see what happens...

I made a shelf called àèìòù and added one book to it.

Turned the device off and back on; see the shelf correctly.

Are you sure this is not a server side bug where faulty shelf info gets synced from the cloud back to your device? If so, get in touch with Customer Support and work with them to get the faulty shelves removed from your account at KoboBooks.com?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #145
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
What's the light bug? I've only just updated to 2.5.0 and haven't noticed anything untoward...
When you have the light slider fully to the left, some people have an issue with the light not coming on though the light indicator does turn on. For me, it happens about 75% of the time. If I leave the slider where I prefer which is about 3 mm to the right of the left end (requires rolling my finger on the screen to move it to that point), the light comes on every time which makes it a minor issue for me.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #146
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Thanks for your reply. So, I'll wait for 2.6.
If I change the file name to .kepub.epub, the paragraph break issue did not occur on the book where I noticed it. This suggests that the problem is in the Adobe Reader Mobile code. Since Adobe has gone silent on their new version of the Reader Mobile code that was supposedly going to have ePub3 compatibility, we may be waiting quite a while for any fixes.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #147
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuynh View Post
Just did the update and here are my observations regarding the light bug.

Initially I did not have the light bug until i started playing around with the brightness level. I always keep my Kobo on the lowest brightness but playing with it I realised that there are 2 settings for when the brightness slider is all the way to the left.

The original setting when I first updated was at the same brightness level as 2.4 but if you touched the slider and pulled left you would notice that it goes one step lower. Once this happens the light button will not work properly. If you play with the slider to get it to the second lowest brightness setting(while the slider is still showing all the way to the left) the light button works as before and the brightness is the same level as it was in 2.4 for the lowest setting.
Mine won't do as you've described (the closest i came to observing something similar was when as i tried to pull more to the left it went slightly up then down again...but definitely this was not two levels at the same position on the scale), and still no observed lightbug.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #148
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmod View Post
It' the same problem with the Kobo touch!.

Just forget the battery status, you can better read tea leaves!
Thanks lsmod, you gave my laugh of the day

After ten pages of comments on this upgrade, I think we could open another thread:

firmware 2.5 bugs (other than the light one!)

or rename this one:

firmware 2.5 bugs and bulbs

Thank you for all the remarks, I'll wait for a 2.5.1
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #149
jclim00
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If I change the file name to .kepub.epub, the paragraph break issue did not occur on the book where I noticed it. This suggests that the problem is in the Adobe Reader Mobile code. Since Adobe has gone silent on their new version of the Reader Mobile code that was supposedly going to have ePub3 compatibility, we may be waiting quite a while for any fixes.

Regards,
David
Are there any downsides to changing the filename to .kepub for regular epub books?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #150
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclim00 View Post
Are there any downsides to changing the filename to .kepub for regular epub books?
Yes, how many depends on your point of view. Bookmarks (including where you were if you close the book and re-open it), annotations, and anything else position-dependent won't work well or at all. If you like your page numbers to be for the whole book (page 423 of 875) then you lose that with the kepub (it shows per-chapter, Chapter 2, 14 of 64). You also get the kepub renderer, which isn't quite the same as the ePub renderer, and you get reading stats (x minutes left on this chapter, y minutes for the next chapter, z hours for the rest of the book). Some of these things may not be issues to you, but they're all things I've heard people say about why they prefer normal ePub.

My KoboTouchExtended plugin tries to address some of these issues, and a few people think it does a pretty good job, but even with that there's things I just can't fix yet.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote