Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #991
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@exachillus

I understand your thoughts about security. Unfortunately the standard may have to be modified and the clients have to be updated .... If you add that many OPDS client only support a small part of the official spec, you end up with a hard problem. I remember exchanging some mails with Hadrien Gardeur (author of OPDS specs) about 2 years ago and we agreed that HTTP Basic Auth over HTTPS was a good compromise (I didn't say it all good) and all other solutions will be harder to be adopted. I'll try to find the thread.

Last time I checked most Android OPDS client will not work at all with self signed SSL certficate and some won't work at all with HTTPS.

About your problem with some Android browsers, it may be linked to this bug :
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1353

It was fixed not so long ago and maybe it's related.

No real answers sorry. But as you said, you can always use a VPN.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #992
awj
awj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problems with the Synology update package

I've just run the Synology update package and then moved to the browser to inspect the new version of COPS.

Unfortunately it tells me

Quote:
Please install the php5-intl extension and make sure it's enabled
And that

Quote:
File /volume1/epub/metadata.db not found, Please check
However, not only is metadata.db at that location, Calibre itself can remotely access it there.

So could somebody please tell me how to install php5-intl, and why can't COPS read metadata.db?
awj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #993
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@exachillus

I understand your thoughts about security. Unfortunately the standard may have to be modified and the clients have to be updated .... If you add that many OPDS client only support a small part of the official spec, you end up with a hard problem. I remember exchanging some mails with Hadrien Gardeur (author of OPDS specs) about 2 years ago and we agreed that HTTP Basic Auth over HTTPS was a good compromise (I didn't say it all good) and all other solutions will be harder to be adopted. I'll try to find the thread.

Last time I checked most Android OPDS client will not work at all with self signed SSL certficate and some won't work at all with HTTPS.

About your problem with some Android browsers, it may be linked to this bug :
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1353

It was fixed not so long ago and maybe it's related.

No real answers sorry. But as you said, you can always use a VPN.

vlad59

Thanks for your thoughts. It is all fine. I was trying to see if there were work arounds. And I realize the hardships around developing software. I appreciate the work you put here.

As far as security goes, most people might not recognize that is an issue, so maybe a slight warning about it and possible solutions can help. My intention was to inform users here.

cheers
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #994
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj View Post
I've just run the Synology update package and then moved to the browser to inspect the new version of COPS.

Unfortunately it tells me

And that

However, not only is metadata.db at that location, Calibre itself can remotely access it there.

So could somebody please tell me how to install php5-intl, and why can't COPS read metadata.db?
You don't have to care about php5-intl, that's not important.

Can you try reboot your Nas ? or uninstall / reinstall the package ?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #995
awj
awj began at the beginning.

I... Well, I wrote a rather lengthy reply detailing what I modified and how many times I restarted it, and how it still couldn't access the DB.

And then I took your last piece of advice, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, and now it's working perfectly well.

Thanks for your help, @vlad59.
awj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #996
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj View Post
I... Well, I wrote a rather lengthy reply detailing what I modified and how many times I restarted it, and how it still couldn't access the DB.

And then I took your last piece of advice, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, and now it's working perfectly well.

Thanks for your help, @vlad59.
The bug has been identified, I'll find a fix soon.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #997
peroksid
peroksid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Note 10.1
I have the same problem ... but the 'uninstall COPS' -> 'reboot NAS' -> 'reinstall COPS' recipe is not working.

And, btw, thanks for all the good work with COPS.
peroksid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #998
dream46go
dream46go began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,
two questions:
1) I need insert a login pannel previous Calibre OPDS PHP Server, for multiple users.
2) Is there a APP Android version?
dream46go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #999
vladacr
vladacr began at the beginning.

Device: android
COPS on a Raspberry Pi with NFS storage

First of all, thanks for COPS, seems like pretty fast on my raspberry.

Second of all, I have to say that my setup is perhaps a little non-standard. COPS is installed on a Rasperry Pi in /var/www. The library is primarily on my laptot, but it's regularly rsynced to Xtrend 9500, which is a linux based satellite receiver with linux standard network capabilities. So it's internal 1 TB hard drive is used as a NAS drive.

Xtrend export settings:
Code:
/media/hdd/ostatni/knihovna/ 192.168.1.30(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
(knihovna directory has been recursively chmodded to 777)

on the raspberry this export is mounted with:
Code:
sudo mount xtrend:/media/hdd/ostatni/knihovna /home/vlad/ebooks
my /var/www/config_local.php has:
Code:
    $config['calibre_directory'] = '/home/vlad/ebooks/';
    $config['cops_title_default'] = "Knihovna";
    $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "0";
When I remotely connect my raspberry at http://9x.x2.xx8.2xx:9998/index.php (remote port 9998 is forwarded to local port 80) I get nothing but a blank screen, but the page is named "Knihovna" as set in config_local. The checkconfig.php says:

Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks for your replies.
vladacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:20 AM   #1000
vlad59
Addict

Hi all,

Sorry for not being here as often as before ... as I already said work is crazy here

COPS package is now back at synocommunity. If needed I can upload it on github also.

If you had installed COPS-1.0.0RC2-2 package then you'll have to uninstall it before installing current version. The upgrade won't work.

If you still have problem with this version please try to uninstall / reinstall before posting here.

Sorry for the trouble and the delay.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #1001
lairdrob
lairdrob began at the beginning.

I've just migrated over to using COPS and I'm really pleased with the results. The only thing I would like to change (or have more options) would be with the templates. Does anyone have any decent custom templates that they've created, that they'd be willing to share. It would be fantastic if someone came up with some kind of tool to create custom templates.

What does everyone else think about templates?
lairdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #1002
vlad59
Addict

The templates are pretty hard to change now (and complicated too). I won't say that I dislike them (I made them ) but I know they could be enhanced.

COPS's rewrite will have cleaner templates.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #1003
lairdrob

Thanks for the quick reply. I quite like the bootstrap template but it doesn't seem to work correctly when the thumbnails are pulled from the books (the option to make it quicker for low powered cpu machines). The thumbnails are all over the place and are different sizes - it looks like it's using the actual book cover image, regardless of the size

Thanks though for creating this, I do think it is amazing!

Last edited by lairdrob; 10-01-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:37 AM   #1004
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@lairdrob: I think you are right, in fact I know you are!

The covers are not "resized" in the bootstrap template as they are in the original template.

Used in a browser (Firefox) I can only see part of each of the covers. However, the thumbnails (or actual covers?) are not "all over the place". Do you have these problems with your e-reader (Kobo) or also on a browser?

Resizing would be nice though
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #1005
lairdrob

Yeah "all over the place" was probably the wrong phrase to use. I, like you, can only see part of the actual covers as some of them are so big. I've only accessed my COPs server on Safari and chrome as I've only got a basic kindle (non touch) and the browser on there is crazy slow.

Pleeeeeease resize the covers on bootstrap.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology