Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
JBL & FW 0.16e Means you can buy from any site (except Kindle)

With it now supporting ADE .ePub & PDF and Secure eReader and B&N DRM
scams, aren't all the major formats being offered at the eBook sites covered?
Can't you now go to just about any commercial eBook site and be able to
buy a book that will be readable on the JBL?

The one major exception being the Amazon Site and the Kindle's formats.

(Of course you always could have done so with the JBL, DRM disinfecting
software, and conversion software.)

Are there any eBook sites that don't offer one of the supported formats?

Are there any other eBook Readers that support all three DRM scams?

Doesn't this mean that if you believe in/support "DRM", you should really be
buying Jetbook Lite Readers?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
It would appear so. I'm now even happier that I bought the JBL, it has been worth it.

And, OMG, it has table of contents support! I love this firmware version! Good going jetBook!

BTW, is it possible to preserve bookmarks when doing a firmware upgrade? I keep losing my bookmarks.

Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
I also noticed that the epub rendering is much improved. But is there a way to adjust the margins? The margins are a bit wide.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Bookmarks and recent readings both appear to be resident in memory not in a saved file list. Losing power (switching battery's on JBL) or hitting reset seems to bring it back to last saved configuration.

Although I could be wrong, I'm not the guru some of these readers are.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Bookmarks and recent readings both appear to be resident in memory not in a saved file list. Losing power (switching battery's on JBL) or hitting reset seems to bring it back to last saved configuration.

Although I could be wrong, I'm not the guru some of these readers are.
Sounds right to me.

I also think that where and how that data gets handled, has changed with
some of the firmware changes. I think that a good approach would be to
have that data saved, as part of the shutdown process, into a file at the
root of the media that the book was read from. Annotating the eBook file
itself has its advantages, but could mean more shutdown steps and might
endanger the books.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Agree Ken, would love to see it saved to a *.cfg or similar text file that could be edited manually. As well as having having options in settings to inport/export bookmark and recent readings list.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote