Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
1.2.2 that I'm running is dated Jan 6th 2011. Got it from Amazon, not the app store.
Amazon are currently supply two versions. 1.2.2 from their web site and 1.2.3 from the app store.

If you install 1.2.3 over an old installation of 1.2.2, it seems to keep "My Kindle Content" in the Documents folder. If it's a fresh installation it puts it in the Application Support folder location.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Amazon are currently supply two versions. 1.2.2 from their web site and 1.2.3 from the app store.

If you install 1.2.3 over an old installation of 1.2.2, it seems to keep "My Kindle Content" in the Documents folder. If it's a fresh installation it puts it in the Application Support folder location.
In my case it was indeed a new installation. I have a Kobo and I am trying to buy books where they have the best deals! Now I have 2 choices!!! Kobo and Amazon! With a little help from black magic and Calibre...

Thanks again for your help.

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #18
Andrew*Debbie
Andrew*Debbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
A
If you install 1.2.3 over an old installation of 1.2.2, it seems to keep "My Kindle Content" in the Documents folder.
Yup. So far I haven't noticed any difference between .2 and .3.
Andrew*Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle for mac