Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #16
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
ONLY in UK, no way to buy from continent...
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Still waiting on my order from pc world.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Couldn't resist the price. ordered one
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #19
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Mine has arrived at my local John Lewis. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll pick it up then.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Their problem is that they are not a known name in the UK. They have no UK stores, and you'd struggle to find anyone here who's ever heard of them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got one from Sainsbury's today. The woman who served me was rather surprised at the price - she said she'd expected it to be about £170
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #22
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I got one from Sainsbury's today. The woman who served me was rather surprised at the price - she said she'd expected it to be about £170
Sounds like they carry Sony readers.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #23
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Their problem is that they are not a known name in the UK. They have no UK stores, and you'd struggle to find anyone here who's ever heard of them.
I think that's going to change after this stunt. They're obviously selling them at a loss at this price, and while it might get their brand name known a little, it still seems a bit of a gamble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Sounds like she didn't know what it was she was selling you! Probably thought it was a tablet....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I did my grocery shopping at Sainsbury's today. At the checkout I got a coupon for £10 off my next shop at Sainsbury's over £70....

... that was too much. I now have a NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight and cheap (£3.99) case. All for £63.98.

And soon I shall also have my NOOK Simple Touch that I ordered on-line. I guess once the promotion is over, it will be going up on eBay!

But I'm not allowing myself to play with it just yet. The only way I could justify it was as a birthday present (next week), so I shall wait and open it then.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But I'm not allowing myself to play with it just yet. The only way I could justify it was as a birthday present (next week), so I shall wait and open it then.
In the meantime, you can prepare the microSD card to root the reader.
It'll build up the:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibSelIFBR8s
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Pc world have now updated my ordered and are saying delivery will be in 3-5 days.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I think that's going to change after this stunt.
I wouldn't bet on it. The same stores sell Chinese-made tablets that nobody's ever heard of either, and low prices don't make their names more prominent.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #28
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
After striking a duck at Aldi & PC World, finally got one (on collect next week - I'm too cheapskate to pay delivery) from Sainsburys.

And yes, the only reason I'd heard of it was hearing frequent praise for the capabilities of a "Rooted Nook Simple Touch" - Angry birds on E-Ink - Honestly!

As mum said, "what's wrong with it"...
I said, it's a lot bigger in the US than it is here.
Also, given that the non-Glo Kindles have been disconinued, would not be surprised if they were clearing them and moving to the Glo versions.

Kindle touch (non Glo) have been seen at half price in a number of Tesco's
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #29
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Collected mine from Sainsbury's - that charge light seems to change colour with viewing angle.

Think I probably will end up rooting, had a look at the store and singularly unimpressed... Kobo let you select "free only" and make a point of how many free books THEY have available.
B&N, the only way to search free is to sort price ascending, and the amount of junk/dupes is many times worse than at Kobo. And comparing stores in a like for like way, PC browser vs PC browser, as accessing Kob's store from the device is about as unispiring as B&N from the PC.
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #30
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth79 View Post
Collected mine from Sainsbury's - that charge light seems to change colour with viewing angle.

Think I probably will end up rooting, had a look at the store and singularly unimpressed... Kobo let you select "free only" and make a point of how many free books THEY have available.
B&N, the only way to search free is to sort price ascending, and the amount of junk/dupes is many times worse than at Kobo. And comparing stores in a like for like way, PC browser vs PC browser, as accessing Kob's store from the device is about as unispiring as B&N from the PC.
Both Kobo and B&N list free ebooks the same way. You start with a title/subject search and select free or low-to-high. Both list over 1 million free titles so they needed a way to limit the results. At B&N you can just enter "free nook books" in search and they list 1.8 million titles where you can then break it down by category.

FYI, In case you weren't aware. The nook can read Kobo ebooks without rooting (non-kepubs).
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rdlecoeur