Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The Australian Selection - 7 free ebooks

The Australian newspaper is having a free ebook giveaway again. Presumably these books are related to Australia somehow.

This time it's seven books:
  • Black Caviar by Gerald Whately
  • Grand Pursuit by Sylvia Nasar
  • What Would Google Do? by Jeff Jarvis
  • The Code Book by Simon Singh
  • Struggle for Freedon by Aung San Suu Kyi
  • Air Force by Ian McPhedran
  • A Lasting Record by Stephen Downes

The books are fulfilled through Kobo, from a link through Collins Books, by using a discount code provided in The Australian newspaper that day during the Kobo checkout. Also, the discount code is available through the book review story on the Australian's website. Once you have the discount code, you do not have to link thorugh Collins, you can go directly to Kobo (not sure if this will work for non-Australian IP addresses).

Last time, the discount code was freely available online, except for the weekend books. So far (today is the first day and a weekend), you have to be a subscriber to get the discount code online. We'll see if the code for Monday is in the unsubscribed or subscribed section.

Of course, they are offering a starter month's subscription for AU$1...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/
http://www.theaustralianselection.com.au/

And the previous thread on this is: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193844

Last edited by murg; 02-08-2013 at 06:46 PM.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Black...4EQ/page1.html

code - GW14500

Seems to be AU only (but you can gift to anyone, anywhere).

limit one use per account, either to keep or give away.

Last edited by koland; 02-08-2013 at 07:47 PM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
michelle06259
michelle06259 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Black Cavier book

Too bad its for AU citizens only. I would love to read the book on Black Cavier. She is an amazing race horse.
michelle06259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Black...4EQ/page1.html

code - GW14500

Seems to be AU only (but you can gift to anyone, anywhere).

limit one use per account, either to keep or give away.
Thanks, Koland. They wouldn't give me the code unless I registered with them, and then wouldn't let me leave their page. I had to shut down Firefox to escape.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
Thanks for putting this up. We subscribe to The Australian online, but I couldn't find the code anywhere. I entered the code you posted, Koland, and now I have my free ebook!
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Thanks!
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #7
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareK View Post
Thanks for putting this up. We subscribe to The Australian online, but I couldn't find the code anywhere. I entered the code you posted, Koland, and now I have my free ebook!
The last time, the code as a link off of the book review page (on The Australian's website) of that day's book.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could not find the code for the 2nd day - perhaps someone who subscribes will post?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer

found it: Grand Pursuit by Sylvia Nasar

code: SN11200

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Grand...bQw/page1.html
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
murg
No Comment

It looks like you have to log in to The Australian's site to get the link to the ebooks. Or get it from the newspaper.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
*edit* should have read OP first
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
Be wary, using these codes may cost you money! As I mentioned in a previous post, I couldn't find the link to the free book in The Australian online, so I used the code we were offered here to purchase the book. Today we received an email from PayPal notifying us that $10.73 had been taken from our account, and when I checked our PayPal account I discovered that this was payment for the "free" book. I hadn't realised that my husband had only taken out a trial subscription, and that it had actually expired (although we still had access to it). Unfortunately I had already ordered today's book before I received the email, so I'm expecting another email fairly soon!
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer

You have to apply the code and make sure that your total is zero, before proceeding to purchase.

Paypal would not be able to charge you anything, if applied properly, as you don't even go to a PayPal screen during checkout.

The above links work to get to the two books I've posted, but only if you have an AU kobo address.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Oh,

You must also make sure you don't have Quick Buy turned on in your profile - if this is on, you never get a chance to add the promo codes, so you always pay full price.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
If you enter the code correctly and the basket total drops to 0.00 then you should no be getting charged and if you do you should take it up with Kobo suppot. It does not mater if you have a superscription or not as long as you apply the coupon to the right book.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote