Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Kindle Fire 6.3.1 update

Folks my Fire just updated to 6.3.1 I have not had time to see what has been fixed.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Folks my Fire just updated to 6.3.1 I have not had time to see what has been fixed.
Oh goody. I'm always so eager. Gonna get it now.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I downloaded the update and copied it over as I've done in the past, but the Update button is not enabled. Have shutdown and restarted, still no go.

Is this working for anyone else?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I downloaded the update and copied it over as I've done in the past, but the Update button is not enabled. Have shutdown and restarted, still no go.

I was going to do that but it updated while I was on the phone. I had trouble last time and really never figured out what the problem was. Sorry
Old 05-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
It doesn't look like much if you read about it on their site.
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I was seeing that I am thinking it may just be a bug fix update.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
It doesn't look like much if you read about it on their site.
It's not like Amazon is going to say it fixes the bugs from the last update.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...urchases-more/

Quote:
Amazon released a small software update for the Kindle Fire, but it does have something a lot of people have been demanding: the ability to enable password-protection for purchases, a feature the iPad has always offered.

On top of that, the update has additional parental controls, including the ability to disable access to specific content libraries and block access to the Silk Web browser.

Amazon has also highlighted these recent updates to the Kindle Fire.

Oh, and I was right again. I should go buy some Facebook stock while I'm at it.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

Somehow the update is there now. I never had the option to 'Update your Kindle', and after going to lunch I was going to try again, but it was already updated. Weird.

[update:] I gather you're supposed to put the .bin file in /kindleupdates, which I failed to do. So it must have updated on its own.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

The update seems entirely about enhanced Parental Controls. You can turn off the browser, restrict access to specific content types, require a code to buy stuff. I don't know how different it is from what was there before, though. There may be bug fixes as well but I don't know what to look for there.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
But did Amazon fix the problem with the $%@#! covers!?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I guess I need to go charge my KF before I even 'temp this.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-03-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Got the update Going to check out the parental controls, my wife has been worried about our son on the Fire.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #14
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I have gray covers on AMAZON books, so I'm thinking no.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Nope not fixed. Looks like they made it worse. When you clear Kindle Data the books on your carousel disappear and your get blank grey covers now. The grey covers are worse than before. Syncing isn't working correctly with the covers it seems. Even the Kindle Fire manual is now a grey cover.

Took 5 Clear Data tries but got the cover fixed but there is a significant delay on carousel cover creation when the carousel is acting up. A reboot seems to fix it and then remove the grey covers and Clear data again.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-04-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote