Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
brain freeze

A couple of quick questions, I know should be easy but my brain will just not click.

1. how do I change the view in calibre ie sort by author or sort by tag or sort alphabetically by author. I know this has to be easy but for the life of me I can not work it out. my perfect organized head can not get around the mess.

2. I plan on sharing the library with my husband and and my children, can I copy all the data in calibre to other computers or must I reenter all the stuff. oh I hope not I have masses of books. I plan on putting copies of all books on all their computers and a copy on a cloud.

3. can I enter more than one ereader for calibre to upload to or do I have to change the set one each time a different type is used.

yes my brain will fail and I will have more should know questions

applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
1. how do I change the view in calibre ie sort by author or sort by tag or sort alphabetically by author. I know this has to be easy but for the life of me I can not work it out. my perfect organized head can not get around the mess.
Click on a column header to sort by that column. Clicking again reverses the sort.

Quote:
2. I plan on sharing the library with my husband and and my children, can I copy all the data in calibre to other computers or must I reenter all the stuff. oh I hope not I have masses of books. I plan on putting copies of all books on all their computers
You do not mention why you are copying the books to all of the computers (and thus ny constraints on how they are to be used). The simplest thing is to copy the Calibre library and let them use Calibre. Alternatively you can use the Calibre "Save to Disk" option to export books for them to use.
Quote:
and a copy on a cloud.
What cloud service are you thinking of using? If it is Dropbox then Calibre2opds might be relevant[*]? Depending on your reasons for copying books to other machines this might even remove the need to do so if all access is via the Cloud copy?

Quote:
3. can I enter more than one ereader for calibre to upload to or do I have to change the set one each time a different type is used.
Calibre does not track readers. simply plug in a particular reader and it will work with that one.

Having said that you might want to look at the Reading List plugin? This DOES keep track of readers and allows you to easily maintain lists of which books should be on which reader.

* HINT: If you want to use Dropbox and do not already have an account then you might want to use the referral link from my sig

Last edited by itimpi; 04-30-2012 at 07:45 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
thank you so much I knew it was simple and my brain just would not move away from explore and how things set out in there. I am sorting my now massive library then I will sort a cloud and have a look at dropbox for that as well.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote