Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Newbie question: can we discuss pirates?

Hi, I'm a newbie. I can't find the rules for the forum. Are we allowed to talk about accessing pirate ebooks.

Someone on another thread said they were searching for "XXXX". Just as an experiment, I searched for it, found a torrent source, downloaded and converted the ebook for free in about 10 minutes flat. Can I tell the other poster about it? Can I explain torrent if he isn't familiar with it?

Seems to me it would be a no-no. Is there a set of rules for posting that I haven't found yet?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yo, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum.

No, we don't discuss how and where to find illicit material here.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
No, we don't discuss how and where to find illicit material here.
Thanks. I'll honour that.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I really appreciate your attitude, RCR!

We're still working on getting a set of rules together, so all I can give you at the moment is more on the order of ... guidelines (and if anyone gets that allusion, sing out ).

Basically, we try to respect the law of our home server (it's in the U.S., at the moment, so the laws are a bit crazy). This means there are no problems with discussing issues like "piracy," DRM, etc., and even discussing things like DRM removal in general terms -- no details -- is generally okay.

However, specific discussions of how-to, links to "pirated" stuff, or to tools for DRM stripping, or direct posts of any of the above are just right out.

The best summary rule of thumb we've got is: don't do illegal stuff, and play nicely with others.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote