Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #1186
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
As usual unzip it and copy those two files from archive to the internal memory of your device.
Could you just confirm to us that these types of updates (two, so far) shall be incorporated in the next full f/w update?

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #1187
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
Thanks sooooo much Booxtor.

My request for the New Year: create a settings option for FBReader where you can turn off hyphenation. This is already available on the tablet version, but not within the M92 firmware.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #1188
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Can this be applied without applying the 12.12.12 patch?
Do I need a third party file manager for this or the patch can be launched from the SD card browser screen?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #1189
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Can this be applied without applying the 12.12.12 patch?
Do I need a third party file manager for this or the patch can be launched from the SD card browser screen?
you can replace onyx_pdf_reader in 12.12.12 patch.

@pepe_alter_ego: thank you for corrected link!
@CJY: yes, of course. But you can try it already now.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #1190
lubab
lubab began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
you can replace onyx_pdf_reader in 12.12.12 patch.

@pepe_alter_ego: thank you for corrected link!
@CJY: yes, of course. But you can try it already now.
Hi
sorry.. could I install for pdf UPD 12.12.2012 and UPD 2.1.2013
or one of them enough??

Thank u
lubab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #1191
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubab View Post
Hi
sorry.. could I install for pdf UPD 12.12.2012 and UPD 2.1.2013
or one of them enough??

Thank u
You shall download both patches. Just replace in the 12.12.12 the onyx_pdf_reader with the newer version and then update
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #1192
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Well, doing the update 2013 pdf reader update did not do anything. As far as I can tell, the old 12.12.12 reader is active, with the two-point margin tool and no odd-even manual setting tool.

Edit: found it, please ignore above comment; sorry about that.

Last edited by dkef; 01-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1193
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
The update worked for me. I liked the new features.

However there is one thing that should be improved as soon as possible, in my opinion - when opening epub files with the pdf reader, fonts are too pale. I could open them with CoolReader, but it doesn't have highlihgting.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #1194
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Big big Thank you Booxtor!

The new update is working very nice. Our little device is getting better and better!
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #1195
lubab
lubab began at the beginning.

Quote:
You shall download both patches. Just replace in the 12.12.12 the onyx_pdf_reader with the newer version and then update
Thank u very much Booxtor
lubab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #1196
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
slex, you can try glyph emboldening, maybe this will help.

Booxtor, your progress is awesome, is there any ETA as to when the next full upgrade image will become available?
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #1197
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
slex, you can try glyph emboldening, maybe this will help.

Booxtor, your progress is awesome, is there any ETA as to when the next full upgrade image will become available?
As far as I know there is no glyph emboldening for epub files, only for pdfs.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #1198
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Thanks Booxtor for the update.

I like the option : odd/even page

I like the M92 and I am happy to see the continus work of the developers which give this good result !

Somes wishes : replace FBReader withe the PDFRead, for this the margins must be configurable and the font could be changed.
For the fonts, if the PDFRead could use the default font (defined in the M92's setup), it's a good solution, simplest than make a specific menu in the PDFReader, I think.

Last edited by Randy11; 01-07-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #1199
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thanks for a new firmware. Page settings and odd/even page settings are great.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #1200
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Hi all.

I have a couple of questions.

The patched pdfreader will be included in the next firmware? (If so, maybe I can wait till then. BTW: is there a tentative schedule for the next release?)

When I add a bookmark to a file (either pdf, epub or djvu) where is it saved? In the file itself or in some kind of database somewhere else?

TIA

PS: I have read about 20 out of 80 pages in this thread, here and there, but I didn't find an answer to those questions, so please forgive me if I missed something.

PPS: given the dimension of this thread which makes it difficult to find info and given the fact that the manual is by far the worst side of the M92, maybe it could be a nice idea to open a new thread without discussions but just faqs (with anserws...) and howtos about the most requested topics.
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote