Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #1696
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Checking now
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #1697
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Multitasking and Ivona TTS together

Here is something you may want to try. It is a study on how to install Ivona TTS and multitasking together on any M92 ONYX Boox reader.

The following is only for a purpose of research. You are installing it on your own risk and I am not responsible if you brick your device in the process. It worked for me.

1) unpack ‘update - unlocker for M92.zip’ into the root of your internal storage on M92. The two files ‘flash.oar’ and ‘uImage’ must be in a folder /media/flash/update/
Thanks @Seaniko7 - see post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=169

2) run ‘flash.oar’ it will reboot

3) shut down the M92 and insert SD card with ‘update-20131129.zip’ (Artatech) and normally install this update (for those who do not remember here is the procedure to install update - press and hold joystick down and press power button shortly at the same time. When you see ‘looking for update’ release the joystick and the device will update. It takes approx. 10min)

4) download Ivona voices (see below)

5) make ‘.tts’ folder on the internal storage drive or SD card, your choice. (/media/flash/ or /media/sd/)

6) copy all the voice files (4 files per voice) into this folder and reboot

7) unpack ‘multitasking.rar’ and install it.
Unzip and copy "apps" and "lib" folders and the update.oar file directly from archive in the folder which appears when you connect your Boox to the computer (internal memory of your device, where you usually create folders for your library).

In your device click on update.oar
thanks @Booxtor - see post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211425

8)reboot and you can start using it Ivona TTS and multitasking.

——————————————————

There are some bugs. Once you start reading a book, you can use the multitasking and open other books, however it will continue to read only the first book. If I close the TTS and try opening it again with some other book, it gives me an error ‘Invalid TTS data’. After that I can read books normally, but cannot use the TTS until reboot.

Good luck and hopefully you will find it somewhat useful as I found it

——————————————————

You may get the above mentioned files from here:

Polish female voice ‘Agnieszka’ from here:
http://onyx-ereader.pl/download/tts4/.tts.zip

English female voice ‘Amy’ from here:
http://www.filedropper.com/tts-en

Artatech update-20131129:
http://onyx-ereader.pl/download/M92/...e-20131129.zip

update - unlocker for M92.zip from here:
http://www.filedropper.com/update-unlockerform92

multitasking.rar from here:
http://www.filedropper.com/multitasking
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2016, 07:12 AM   #1698
pochopsp
Connoisseur
pochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92 & Nova Pro
Hi pvdas! Every filedropper link you posted is offline! Could you or someone else reupload them? Thanks in advance
pochopsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #1699
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello,

To reply to someone, I put my archive of tools and games for the M92.

* setmac : it's possible to always have the same MAC address with the Wifi connexion.
* otfm : a file manager.

There is a PbChess and in the first post some tools and games provided by Booxtor.
Attached Files
File Type: zip checkers-1.0.3_onyx.zip (309.9 KB, 547 views)
File Type: zip reversi-1.0.3_onyx.zip (121.4 KB, 572 views)
File Type: zip sokoban-1.0.6_onyx.zip (35.6 KB, 576 views)
File Type: zip setmac.zip (431 Bytes, 538 views)
File Type: rar otfm_v.0.5.2.rar (716.4 KB, 537 views)
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #1700
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Hi everyone,
I still am using my M92 with what I think is the original firmware. I updated it some years ago, but recently reset it to factory state. (More out of curiosity and to see if some things would look better for me.)

But now I would like to get the latest firmware, only no whistles and bells. Just what is needed for reading pdf's. I can read all of those, only usually the fonts look tiny, and making them larger moves part of the page off screen. Finally trying different things I get it to a for me readable format; font not too small for somewhat easy reading, yet I would still prefer a bit larger font size.

When I go here I don't see the option to download the firmware for my M92 under Support: http://www.onyx-international.com/
"Firmware for M92 V1.8 20130529"

I remember getting this e-reader years ago after it had just come out, and as a fun experiment used it to post on this forum to show it could be done. It took some patience though as it wasn't exactly very fast. ; )

Last edited by Lode; 03-23-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #1701
pochopsp
Connoisseur
pochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
Hi everyone,
I still am using my M92 with what I think is the original firmware. I updated it some years ago, but recently reset it to factory state. (More out of curiosity and to see if some things would look better for me.)

But now I would like to get the latest firmware, only no whistles and bells. Just what is needed for reading pdf's. I can read all of those, only usually the fonts look tiny, and making them larger moves part of the page off screen. Finally trying different things I get it to a for me readable format; font not too small for somewhat easy reading, yet I would still prefer a bit larger font size.

When I go here I don't see the option to download the firmware for my M92 under Support: http://www.onyx-international.com/
"Firmware for M92 V1.8 20130529"

I remember getting this e-reader years ago after it had just come out, and as a fun experiment used it to post on this forum to show it could be done. It took some patience though as it wasn't exactly very fast. ; )
You can download the latest firmware on the first page of this thread, it is on the top of the first post, you can't miss it. It is dated december 2013. I own and use this ebook reader too, and it still does its job well, the only thing I miss a lot is that the browser can't open https sites, so no Wikipedia
Old 03-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #1702
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Thank you much. Sorry to hear your device does not open https sites. I just tried with mine, and first had to type in the SSID and PSY keys. Wikipedia would not show, but the Google search page appeared when I tried Google. I found the links to this forum, but they would not open either. While I remember not having problems with that at all years ago when I tried then last time to access the Internet.

I downloaded the firmware top of the first page of this threat and saved it on my SD cart. And sticking that in my M92 and ticking on the Firmware nothing seems to happen. (It appears as "update-20131204 zip")

The wheel on the screen turns for a short while, and then stops and disappears.

Last edited by Lode; 03-23-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #1703
pochopsp
Connoisseur

Directly from Boox M92 user's manual:

Firmware Update

Before you proceed make sure device has enough power to finish the software update (at least 2 battery bars displayed) or connect the device to a USB power supply (PC, charger).

You can update the firmware by performing the following steps.

Download the latest update package from Onyx website.
Save the update package on the SD memory card.
Make sure the update package is located in the root directory of the memory card. You do not need to extract the package. Also leave the name of update package as it is.
Insert the SD card into device.
Restart the device and press and hold the OK button (the center of the joystick button). The OK button should be pressed before the device restarts. Hold it until you see the message Software update request detected, checking updates.... The reader updates itself automatically. It will restart once the update finishes.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:22 AM   #1704
Lode
Zealot

It worked.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:44 AM   #1705
pochopsp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post

It worked.
Glad it worked, and happy to see there's another one Boox M92 user still active
Old 02-13-2018, 02:45 AM   #1706
johey
johey began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Max2 Pro and M92
I have used my M92 for years and it is still doing great. Never had any problems with any pdf files until now, when I have came across a few scanned books with this strange behavior. The number of pages are correct. Though, all pages are blank, apart from the cover page which is correctly displayed. The files are correctly rendered by evince in GNU/Linux.

Is there any chance anybody would look into problems with this old device? Here is a link to one of the problematic files (zipped pdf): https://www.ikod.se/wp-content/uploa...rd_Edition.zip
johey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #1707
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello,

Same problem, your file is BIG and the image heavy but I found the solution

Under Linux (Debian Stretch), I use 'pdftk' and 'libpodofo-utils' :

Code:
$> pdftk Amiga_Hardware_Reference_Manual_3rd_Edition.pdf dump_data output dump.txt
An extract of 'dump.txt'
Quote:
InfoBegin
InfoKey: ModDate
InfoValue: D:20130907235946-05'00'
InfoBegin
InfoKey: CreationDate
InfoValue: D:20130809221315-05'00'
InfoBegin
InfoKey: Creator
InfoValue: PFU ScanSnap Manager 5.1.11 #S1300
InfoBegin
InfoKey: Producer
InfoValue: Adobe PDF Scan Library 3.1
PdfID0: 5ac7567be65d574c867e999685513711
PdfID1: c31f34dac996d84690224a9bdf306606
NumberOfPages: 484
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 1
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 593.28 790.8
PageMediaDimensions: 593.28 790.8
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 2
PageMediaRect: 0 0 592.56 792.72
PageMediaDimensions: 592.56 792.72
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 3
PageMediaRect: 0 0 614.4 792
PageMediaDimensions: 614.4 792
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 4
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 5
The problem is the 'PageMediaDimensions', that is never the same.

The direct solution with a big crop :
Code:
$> podofobox Amiga_Hardware_Reference_Manual_3rd_Edition.pdf Amiga_Hardware_Reference_Manual_3rd_Edition.podofobox.7000-2000-48000-70000.pdf media 7000 2000 48000 70000
If I play with the M92's crop functions, the delay is longer when I flip a page.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #1708
johey

Awesome! I tried printing it to file in evince which did not help, but I will try your trick as well. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #1709
johey

Indeed this generated a file which is better optimized for screen real estate! Have not yet tested it on the M92, but I assume it will work. Though, I just ordered myself a Max2 Pro, but this optimized file will still be better on that one as well.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:19 AM   #1710
Randy11
Wizard

My tests was done on the M92, so you can go !

I must wait to order the Max2