Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #17011
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Currently reading Arnhem 1944: The Airborne Battle September 17-26 by Martin Middlebrook, so far so good.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:38 AM   #17012
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Finally, I finished A Game of Thrones. Nice to read, I like the different points of view, but I'm not sure I'll be able to read many more "swollen breasts" without screaming

Before starting A Clash of Kings at the end of the week, I'm going to read very different books. Right away, I started The Art of Racing in the Rain.
With the settings on my Aura HD, the first chapter is 6 pages long. Well, each and every one of those pages made me weep and I was wondering if I could go on with this book. After this chapter all is fine and this book is really funny and interesting so far.
Beware all of you who had a beloved little furry friend.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #17013
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just finished The Man Who Folded Himself by David Gerrold. Amazing sci-fi book.

I also just noticed lately I keep finishing books in 48h or less, it's not my fault they are so entertaining.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #17014
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Finally, I finished A Game of Thrones. Nice to read, I like the different points of view, but I'm not sure I'll be able to read many more "swollen breasts" without screaming
Now you're making me think I should give it a go after all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopig View Post
I just finished The Man Who Folded Himself by David Gerrold. Amazing sci-fi book.
This is near the top of my TBR pile. Maybe I should bump it up a couple of places.

Just finishing off Deeply Odd (ok, but not particularly noteworthy), and am starting Scare Me by Richard Parker on audiobook:

Quote:
When did you last Google yourself? Wealthy businessman, Will Frost, gets woken in the middle of the night by an anonymous caller, asking him exactly this. When Will goes online, he finds a website has been set up in his name, showing photographs of the inside of his home, along with photographs of six houses he has never seen before. In the first of these strange houses, a gruesome murder has already taken place. Will is then told that his own family is in mortal danger. The only way he can keep them safe is to visit each of the houses on the website in person before the police discover what has happened there. Seven houses. Seven gruesome homicides. Seven chances to save his daughter's life...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #17015
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

Seriously, it was better than expected. I really like the idea of following the story through several people minds. You know when there's a conflict, usually everyone believes to be well within his rights. Well, here it's war and depending how long ago you look, many different families can claim the throne. I like this (kind of) geopolitical side.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #17016
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

This is near the top of my TBR pile. Maybe I should bump it up a couple of places.

Just finishing off Deeply Odd (ok, but not particularly noteworthy), and am starting Scare Me by Richard Parker on audiobook:
You should! It's a very short book, I finished it in about 2h. It's definitely in my top 5 sci-fi books now.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #17017
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by discopig View Post
You should! It's a very short book, I finished it in about 2h. It's definitely in my top 5 sci-fi books now.
It's good, but it's a rather blatant rip-off of Heinlein's "All You Zombies".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #17018
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post

Seriously, it was better than expected. I really like the idea of following the story through several people minds. You know when there's a conflict, usually everyone believes to be well within his rights. Well, here it's war and depending how long ago you look, many different families can claim the throne. I like this (kind of) geopolitical side.
I'll keep an eye out for it on sale, perhaps. Not sure the genre really appeals, though I do sometimes dip into fantasy if the reviews are compelling enough. And I don't know if I have the stamina to follow a lengthy series like this one. I absolutely loved his Fevre Dream though, one of my favourite vampire books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's good, but it's a rather blatant rip-off of Heinlein's "All You Zombies".
I reread that earlier this year, after discussions about it in the forum, so not sure if that is going to spoil The Man Who Folded Himself. I'll give it a go anyway, methinks.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #17019
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I just finished dual Hugo/Nebula award winner The Forever War.

The book was OK I guess. I'm not sure why it was considered dual award winning, unless it was do to the no so hidden moral message at the end.

Not sure what I'll read next, but I have been itching to re-read the Harry Potter series... although I don't generally re-read stuff. Does anyone know if you buy the full Harry Potter book collection on Amazon if it is one single fill with all the books in it, or one file per book? (asking for whisper sync purposes).

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #17020
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Does anyone know if you buy the full Harry Potter book collection on Amazon if it is one single fill with all the books in it, or one file per book? (asking for whisper sync purposes).

BOb
There's a Harry Potter collection for the Kindle??
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #17021
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Yes.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Harry...2610501&sr=8-2
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #17022
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool seven individual downloads

Quote:
I just finished dual Hugo/Nebula award winner The Forever War.

The book was OK I guess. I'm not sure why it was considered dual award winning, unless it was do to the no so hidden moral message at the end.

Not sure what I'll read next, but I have been itching to re-read the Harry Potter series... although I don't generally re-read stuff. Does anyone know if you buy the full Harry Potter book collection on Amazon if it is one single fill with all the books in it, or one file per book? (asking for whisper sync purposes).

BOb
Quote:
Quote:
Amazon sends you to Pottermore to purchase the collection there and the collection is separate books (seven individual downloads).

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #17023
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Alan's right.

Quote:
Book summary
The complete collection of the eBooks in the Harry Potter series. Please note, the seven eBooks are downloaded separately.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #17024
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Finished Bernard Cornwell's The Archer's Tale and Vagabond, both excellent. On to Heretic.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #17025
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Amazon sends you to Pottermore to purchase the collection there and the collection is separate books (seven individual downloads).

Quote:
Alan's right.
Thanks!

BOb