Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle III, Kobo Glo, Samsung Galaxy SIII
Thumbs down Kobo Glo resets itself

After reading on my Glo for about a month without any issues suddenly it started going whacky........

It reset itself...so I had to re input everything and started over. Then after a couple of hours reading same thing happened.

I've had this problem now for the 4th time!

Also, before the second reset, it had an all funny performance: It started doing random light-on and offs activated by pressing on different parts. Took about 2 minutes before resetting.

I am going to contact Kobo because this is not how I'm supposed to enjoy this device.
Fortunately I still have my Kindle..........
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What do you mean by "reset itself"? I can think of a few possibilities: reboot at some point, clear the library of all your books, clear the library and log you out of the device, do a factory reset so that it is back to the "as new" state. Those are all possibilities that could match your description. Some more information would help to try and work out what is wrong.

To recover did you do a factory reset or just copy the books back onto the device?

The bit with the light going off and on is new. That does sound like something you will need to talk to Kobo about.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The bit with the light going off and on is new. That does sound like something you will need to talk to Kobo about.
when i had sudden reboots a couple of weeks ago, it did have a bit of strangeness with light turning off randomly....may be totally related to the reboots
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote