Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
So, how is your Sunday?

covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well it was going fine until I managed to stumble in a parking lot, rip the knee of a pair of pants. At least the tablet in the leg pocket did not get damaged.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ouch. Glad your tablet made it.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A good day. Got up early (for me) and drove about half an hour north on the Interstate to get together with the family (my three brothers and two sisters, one brother-in-law, and Mom and Dad) to have a brunch celebration for Dad's 90th birthday. We went to a hotel restaurant that we use on a regular basis for birthdays and other family celebrations. Great food and a lot of fun.

But getting less sleep than usual last night is finally catching up with me.

Looks like a nice, quiet morning for you, covingtoncat73, if the scenery is any indication.

Sorry to hear about you pants, PeterT!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hideous trip to mall for shoe shopping .... came up empty .... [but didn't trip]

Relaxing at home with similar accessories as cc73.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

It was a pretty nice day for me. Though relative to Covingtoncat73's photograph I suspect that my exterior temperatures were at least 15-20 F lower, and a blanket of snow would be added (still mounds of it remaining from the long winter and a surprise 4 inches fell last Friday).

It was a nice relaxing day with some time spent out doors as it was sunny and temperatures reached the high 40's. Sometime spent indoors as well reading and wasting time on the Internet.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
A good day. Got up early (for me) and drove about half an hour north on the Interstate to get together with the family (my three brothers and two sisters, one brother-in-law, and Mom and Dad) to have a brunch celebration for Dad's 90th birthday. We went to a hotel restaurant that we use on a regular basis for birthdays and other family celebrations. Great food and a lot of fun.

But getting less sleep than usual last night is finally catching up with me.

Looks like a nice, quiet morning for you, covingtoncat73, if the scenery is any indication.

Sorry to hear about you pants, PeterT!
Yes, indeed, it was. The storms held off until the wee hours of Monday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hideous trip to mall for shoe shopping .... came up empty .... [but didn't trip]

Relaxing at home with similar accessories as cc73.
Best way to spend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
It was a pretty nice day for me. Though relative to Covingtoncat73's photograph I suspect that my exterior temperatures were at least 15-20 F lower, and a blanket of snow would be added (still mounds of it remaining from the long winter and a surprise 4 inches fell last Friday).

It was a nice relaxing day with some time spent out doors as it was sunny and temperatures reached the high 40's. Sometime spent indoors as well reading and wasting time on the Internet.
Yeah, it was fairly warm (think it got up to around 70) but grey and drizzly. It was supposed to storm terribly but that didn't happen until early this morning. Still, it held off and the view of the lake at that bar is always pretty. I also scored a nice LBD at Goodwill (the ones around here are open on Sundays).
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There was certainly no green grass around here or leaves on the trees.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
My Sunday was pretty average. Got up early and went to Church. I napped in the afternoon as I didn't really sleep much Saturday night. On the other hand I have my netbook fully operational again including having gotten it upgraded from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Home Premium. Today wasn't as good though. The microwave went out and I had to replace it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One thing that was rather annoying was that the Bahrain F1 race was run under the lights, meaning that in Eastern Canada the race was live at 11 am, the same time as church.

I don't like watching replays of the races so didn't, and all accounts have this race as being one of the best for a long time.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #11
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Mine was really good.

There was strawberry syrup and nuts and whip cream and TWO cherries on top.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #12
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
An old friend of mine got married this Sunday. To a Hindu girl, so a Hindu ceremony. I had to pick him up in my car and drive him to meet some other friends at a restaurant, where we stayed until just before the ceremony. I've done Hindu weddings before, and this one was relatively short, only around 2 hours (they can be much longer). Great food afterwards. No alcohol allowed, alas. A fine day, but got home pretty tired gone nine in the evening.
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Richards View Post
An old friend of mine got married this Sunday. To a Hindu girl, so a Hindu ceremony. I had to pick him up in my car and drive him to meet some other friends at a restaurant, where we stayed until just before the ceremony. I've done Hindu weddings before, and this one was relatively short, only around 2 hours (they can be much longer). Great food afterwards. No alcohol allowed, alas. A fine day, but got home pretty tired gone nine in the evening.
Congratulations to your friend and his new bride Tony.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote