Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Gui Launcher Collection

This was created an extreamly long time ago and has not been test or maintained in some time. Use at your own risk.

Quote:
--- Updated as of 8/28/12 ---

Gui Launcher Collection is a collection of kindle 5 (touch) software I have come across. It's designed to keep all your software organized and easy to install. It has the (new) ability to install the software you want and skip the one's you don't. If you find a piece of software not included that you think should be, PM ME, I'll take a look and see what I can do. Now before we install anything please take a moment to read the spoiler below. It list all available software.

Spoiler:

If your still interested then and lets get started. First things first download the zip and extract it. Then you should have a folder called collections. Copy it to the extensions folder on your kindle. Then restart your kindle (please do restart the kindle, it makes sure that none of the programs are running in the background). After that is done you should see a menu on the launcher called 'Install Organized Collections", select it and then select install. (If you have installed a previous version it's recommend to uninstall it.) Answer the questions, once you answer them all the install process will start. If you think the install process was not successful PM ME, and I'll see what I can do. If it was successful you should see the kindle loading screen. To uninstall follow the same steps (Including reboot) but select uninstall on the menu screen. When you are done installing/uninstalling and want to remove the installer select Uninstall Menu. (Sometimes it does not work completely, if you still have a collections folder in extensions delete it.) If you have any problems just PM ME, I hope I helped save you a little time. You can download it from here (the file is to big to upload to MobileRead), it may take some time to download.

Thanks - Thanks to all developers who made these apps, this would not exists without them. If you enjoy an app go to the original post and thank them with some karma.

Side note - I'm not responsible for any damage but it's highly unlikely anything will break.

Last edited by Titano; 03-22-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Updated Version
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Why don't you just attach the file to the post?
The limit is 20Mbytes for some of the attachment types.
Just scroll down past the edit box you are typing in, see the "Manage Attachments" box.

Just as a matter of site policy here - don't attach "forensic images" or copyrighted materials (like fonts).
But the system is setup to handle fairly large attachements (for instance: see the "attachment icon" on the DIY - KeK thread title).

Last edited by knc1; 07-21-2012 at 03:15 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Why don't you just attach the file to the post?
The limit is 20Mbytes for some of the attachment types.
Just scroll down past the edit box you are typing in, see the "Manage Attachments" box.

Just as a matter of site policy here - don't attach "forensic images" or copyrighted materials (like fonts).
But the system is setup to handle fairly large attachements (for instance: see the "attachment icon" on the DIY - KeK thread title).
I didn't want to waste server space on a file that might not be downloaded. If it gains traction then the next version would be uploaded to MobileRead I guess.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This site is about ten years old - they solved "server space" issues a long time ago.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
You have to clicked the "Go Advanced" button in edit mode before the "Manage Attachments" button will show.

And on forensic images and such, MobileRead forbids linking directly to OFFSITE copies of such files. Even though amazon techs gave me (verbal) permission to distribute firmware images with my debricking package for "repair" purposes, the "simple debricking" first post uses multiple levels of redirection in the pastebin page (and NO clickable links, just for extra protection), to comply with MobileRead forum rules.

I am disappointed that the amazon legal staff did not provide the WRITTEN permission that I had requestion (all I got was a "we'll get back to you on that"). As I mentioned elsewhere, amazon DOES know these images are used to debrick kindles using information posted in this forum, but as long as we do more good than harm with them, amazon has been "flexible" on this thorny issue. One more reason why we consider amazon to be "the good guys".
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You have to clicked the "Go Advanced" button in edit mode before the "Manage Attachments" button will show.

And on forensic images and such, MobileRead forbids linking directly to OFFSITE copies of such files. Even though amazon techs gave me (verbal) permission to distribute firmware images with my debricking package for "repair" purposes, the "simple debricking" first post uses multiple levels of redirection in the pastebin page (and NO clickable links, just for extra protection), to comply with MobileRead forum rules.

I am disappointed that the amazon legal staff did not provide the WRITTEN permission that I had requestion (all I got was a "we'll get back to you on that"). As I mentioned elsewhere, amazon DOES know these images are used to debrick kindles using information posted in this forum, but as long as we do more good than harm with them, amazon has been "flexible" on this thorny issue. One more reason why we consider amazon to be "the good guys".
Like I told knc1 if this gets some more use then I will make a new version with more stuff and upload it here but this will most likely get lost. By the way, at least amazon lets you do stuff like this (for the most part...) If you look nintendo and their hacking community it's really, really bad. (Of course I'm sure their is more piracy on video game consoles than on ereaders.) While I'm glad I got my kindle because I'm learning something new everyday.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Talking Draw tool

wow , just now i realized that the "draw tool" appeared from the extension from this topic . am I right ?

[[ I kinda installed by mistake , but I really liked It! Seems it ressurected my faulting extensions. More than everything I liked the draw tool that shows up on hidden ! how can I save the draws ? seems [save] is unclickable or too small to accept the input ... - I can't make a screenshot by holding [home] + screentouch too ...]]

What do you say Titano ?

thanks !

Last edited by TulseLuper; 07-21-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: i cant get a screenshot too...
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
wow , just now i realized that the "draw tool" appeared from the extension from this topic . am I right ?

[[ I kinda installed by mistake , but I really liked It! Seems it ressurected my faulting extensions. More than everything I liked the draw tool that shows up on hidden ! how can I save the draws ? seems [save] is unclickable or too small to accept the input ... - I can't make a screenshot by holding [home] + screentouch too ...]]

What do you say Titano ?

thanks !
Sorry TulseLuper, I did not make the draw tool. It is a waf that comes preinstalled on the kindle. All I did was make a launcher for it... I'm not for sure why the save button does not work. It may have something to do with the config.xml or it could be the website or something else entirely different. Maybe someone else who comes across this may be able to help but I can not....
Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The draw tool is cooler if you tell it to draw rectangles (boxes). They change size with touch speed of movement. By moving your finger in swirls, you can make some nice "screensaver" images.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #10
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The draw tool is cooler if you tell it to draw rectangles (boxes). They change size with touch speed of movement. By moving your finger in swirls, you can make some nice "screensaver" images.
Have you checked out my screensaver thread? Maybe you could upload one or two of them there....
Old 07-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Thanks anyway ...

But , you are saying that you can't save too ? Or its just me ?

And about screenshots ? How can I take ? Or I didn't get how to or it doesn't work for me at all ...

geekmaster , yeah ! I really like the fur patterns too! It would be great to have full function to draw on kt , I have a pen that works with it and its surprisinly satisfactory ... I really like the kind of contrast ereader can make . Really "material" , looks like graphite. Will be great have this as a sketchbook too in the future . Makes me thinks of thi [ bogus? ] product-idead , i crossed over the web other day http://noteslate.com/ . - is that real ? -

see ya !!
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

It got twenty one downloads... that's good enough for me! I have a new version that fixes some bugs in komic and includes the gems game. It also has etcl included in the download.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Probably just web-bots downloading copies.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Probably just web-bots downloading copies.
Thanks for the vote of confidence knc1 , but you're probably right....
Old 07-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence knc1 , but you're probably right....
I probably stretched the truth a bit.
It depends on how closely they watch links to those download sites.

Tags
apps, collection, gui launcher, launcher add-ons, organisation