Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
fgruber
Edge User

Fast pdf reader for LCD?

Hi
Anyone know of a fast pdf reader for the LCD?

I've some pdf's of magazines with a lot of images of about 20 mb (Sciam) and they run very slow in Docs to go, repligo and Android pdf viewer. It is just painful to change pages. I think it change pages slower than on the eink.

The same file can be opened on an iphone using Goodreader with almost no delay. So clearly these apps I have tried on the edge are just not efficient enough.

I heard of one called Beamreader but I have been unable to get the trial without the marketplace access... If someone have a link where I could download it I would appreciate it.

Any other suggestions?
Fred

Old 06-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

You listed every program I could find.

Adobe's PDF eReader for Android requires 2.1, so we may have to wait a little while longer.

Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
OncTech
Edge User

I've tested Beamreader on the edge and it does work, though I am not sure I would say its faster then PDFtoGo or RepliGo. It loads one page at a time just like the others, with the non-focused page turning to solid grey. The display method is more fluid though, including zoom. In and out is a continuous motion rather than "jumps" between levels, and scrolling is similar in the same page.

I have the APK file that I obtained from the market (long story) but forum rules to my understanding prohibit posting links to such things. I can PM it though.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
fgruber
Edge User

please do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OncTech View Post
I've tested Beamreader on the edge and it does work, though I am not sure I would say its faster then PDFtoGo or RepliGo. It loads one page at a time just like the others, with the non-focused page turning to solid grey. The display method is more fluid though, including zoom. In and out is a continuous motion rather than "jumps" between levels, and scrolling is similar in the same page.

I have the APK file that I obtained from the market (long story) but forum rules to my understanding prohibit posting links to such things. I can PM it though.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Tbe ipad people were/are touting, I believe, goodread.

Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
fgruber
Edge User

Well I haven't tried it in an Ipad but it is really fast on the iphone. Don't know how they do it. Wish they would do an android version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Tbe ipad people were/are touting, I believe, goodread.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
fgruber
Edge User

Beamreader is really good. Handle big pdf's really well...

Quote:

Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Dakuhasina
Edge User

Quote:

Could you please PM me the APK file?
Thanks in advance..

Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #9
unraisedarc
Edge User

I have converted vudroid (for .pdf and .djvu) to be a full (completely) screen app. If you're interested, pm me and i will send you it.