Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
PREVIEW: W1060 MID from Wirelession (known previously as the A81 MID)

W1060 MID by WireLession

For those of you who have been following my reviews, I've been talking about this new MID (Mobile Internet Device) that will also be a fantastic LCD eBook reader, previously known as the A81 MID with the ARM Cortex A8 Processor and a 7" screen. Tonight I've been given permission to post a preview and make some clarifications on the device's name. It is the WireLession W1060. Here is the preview stuff!

User Manual
http://www.wirelession.com/MID%20User%20Manual.pdf

Photos

There are many more photos in the user manual!

Device's web page
http://www.wirelession.com/products_...p?cid=94&id=75

My review is coming soon!

Regards,
ColdSun
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
My most important question: transflective or transparent LCD?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
This looks so nice. Do you have it yet? As mentioned earlier I have ordered one, but it hasn't shipped yet. I am hoping that the vendor gets them in early this week. The best scenario is that I will have mine by the weekend, but I know that won't happen. At least I can look at the manual. I look forward to your review and hope it's real soon.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

According to the distributor, he is mailing them out Wednesday. I should have mine around November 10 or so. Not only am I reviewing it, but this one I purchased for myself to use. The longer I have this JE-100 (which I have to send back soon), the more impressed I am with it as an ebook reader. I hope this new device can match it! I have high hopes, which is why I haven't purchased the JE-100 yet.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
dsingh
dsingh began at the beginning.

Device: None
who did you order it from, can you say ?
dsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
dsingh

A very poor quality vid of the device is here :

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/K34CBZvZCWo/
Old 11-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

The review unit I'm being sent I am buying from Ben over at Electro-Divina. See the JE-100 review thread for a link to his site.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
dsingh

Thanks. It's not on his site and the ebay link has a different branded (or rather brand-less) device which is why I asked.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

My pleasure. Those old pictures on the ebay link are of the test unit before it was released. These newer pictures are the actual unit that is being sold. The units for sale on ebay will look like the unit pictures in this thread. He doesn't have it listed on his web site yet, but I'm guessing it will be sometime this week.

Have a good day!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Here is a newer video in better quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S47Rxm5rt7s
Old 11-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Thx for the link cold .
I was 'hoping' that my Q7 could/would get lost on it's way to eletroworld but it arrived yesterday and on it's way to the manufature for repairs, now I don't think I can justify buying the W1060...hmmm....have to think of something
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
cbone
Enthusiast
cbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android phone, waiting for my Kno
What's the battery life like and how much RAM does it have?
cbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #13
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I got a quote from wirelession.com of $253 (£152.88) that includes shipping + Paypal chargers, now just waiting for coldsun's excellent review
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I got a quote from wirelession.com of $253 (£152.88) that includes shipping + Paypal chargers, now just waiting for coldsun's excellent review
Better than the price I got from Ebay. I am still waiting for it to ship and I ordered almost 2 weeks ago.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
dsingh

@Gibbo : How'd you get the quote ?